PDA

View Full Version : Correct call?

kingstalker
12-18-2003, 03:00 PM
First hand of a 3 dollar WPT rebuy tourney, blinds 10-20 everybody has 1500 in chips
I got /images/graemlins/diamond.gifJ /images/graemlins/club.gifJ
EP makes it 500 to go, I rerasie all in
I have noticed that the play in the first hour is very wild in these rebuys and have noticed that players will rasie very aggresively with ace high hands or even medium pairs, did I make the right call here with the jacks? He end up having /images/graemlins/spade.gifK /images/graemlins/heart.gifK and I have to rebuy on the very first hand.

crockpot
12-18-2003, 03:51 PM
if these play like the cheap rebuy tournaments i've seen on UB, i would be fine putting in all my chips on jacks. in a normal tournament with no rebuys, this is a clear fold. if i were you i would rather play in the second type of tournament so you can learn tournament strategies for when you move up.

eMarkM
12-18-2003, 07:16 PM
$3 rebuy? Hell, yeah, gamble it up, flip some coins. These things have a bazillion players in them, so doubling up off the bat is very desirable. He could have anything, including many hands you dominate. Not sure I'd make the same play in a regular $50 buy-in with no rebuys though. Then again, you don't see a lot of folks in those who'd raise it that big relative to the blinds to begin with.