PDA

View Full Version : party 50 + 5 NLHE SNG

casper
12-18-2003, 01:41 PM
Its the third hand of a party 50 + 5 NLHE SNG. Blinds are 10-15 stacks are pretty much even around the table give or take t100. The previous hand the raiser from this hand put in a 4BB raise and then check folded to a large flop bet. I've only seen one hand but he looks like a live one. He makes the same raise again (t60) UTG +1. Folded to me on the button with AKo with the ace of clubs. I call, does anyone raise here? Blinds fold and its heads up to a flop of 6 9 10 with two clubs on board. He bets the pot and I call. Turn is a third club, he bets about half the pot and I push all-in. What do ya think? Suicide play or solid move?

Casper, the friendly check-raising ghost.

PinkyRingo
12-18-2003, 02:54 PM
Suicide play.

If you just saw this guy check-fold the flop after a 4BB preflop raise, what makes you think that he's betting into you without the goods?

I would have:

1) reraised preflop. find out where he's at. take control of the hand. be ready to lay it down if he comes back over the top.

2) bet the pot if he checks it to you on the flop. if he calls, beware. at that point you may have to check behind on the turn and fold to a bet on the river unless you hit an A, K, or club.

casper
12-18-2003, 05:10 PM
Good advice all around pinky. I should have re-raised preflop to see where I was at. I played it just like a calling station. When I went all in he thought about it for a bit and then called. He had KK and took it down. I trapped myself into the hand and then tried to bluff my way out. I think I knew it was a terrible play already, but I didn't know how I should have played it. Thanks for the advice.

Casper