PDA

View Full Version : Loose passive table seems to turn maniacal

taxat
12-18-2003, 02:16 AM
Poker Stars .5-1

Table is really loose-passive, hardly any pre-flop raising until this hand.

I have K /images/graemlins/spade.gif K /images/graemlins/heart.gif

I am UTG and raise. EP2 reraises, folded to MP3 who caps, CO calls four cold, Button calls four cold, SB folds, BB folds, I call, EP2 calls

FLOP: T /images/graemlins/spade.gif 9 /images/graemlins/heart.gif 8 /images/graemlins/heart.gif ($10.75)

I bet, EP2 raises, MP3 reraises, CO folds, Button calls three cold, I call, EP2 calls

TURN: [T /images/graemlins/spade.gif 9 /images/graemlins/heart.gif 8 /images/graemlins/heart.gif] 5 /images/graemlins/spade.gif ($16.75)

I bet, EP2 calls, MP3 calls all-in, Button folds

RIVER: [T /images/graemlins/spade.gif 9 /images/graemlins/heart.gif 8 /images/graemlins/heart.gif 5 /images/graemlins/spade.gif] T /images/graemlins/diamond.gif ($19.75)

I bet, EP2 calls ($21.75)

I should have capped the flop, but I began to suspect Aces. Anyone check-call the turn?

Results to follow.

TheRake
12-18-2003, 12:21 PM
[ QUOTE ]
CO calls four cold, Button calls four cold

[/ QUOTE ]

/images/graemlins/cool.gif nice

Looks as though someone has A's. I would say MP3, but looks like he was short stacked. I have seen short stacks do some strange things. He could have AK and just decided to throw his last bet in for the hell of it. EP2 really slows down on the turn, so I would guess JJ or QQ.

I think you played it okay. If you are going to bet the turn anyway, you might as well cap the flop. I think I wuss out and go into check call mode on the turn. Interested to hear how this one turned out.

TheRake

taxat
12-18-2003, 03:55 PM
I figured MP3 for Aces and EP2 for Queens. I didn't cap the flop because I figured MP3 had me beat, although I should have on such a coordinated board. I bet out the turn because I noticed right before I bet that MP3 was going to go all-in and I felt I had EP2 beat.

MP3 won with A /images/graemlins/diamond.gif T /images/graemlins/heart.gif. I think he mentally committed his entire stack pre-flop.

EP2 had J /images/graemlins/spade.gif J /images/graemlins/diamond.gif

Button had lord-knows-what, but folded the turn for one bet making him a worse player in my eyes than MP3.

The thing that ticks me off about this hand is not the results--it happens--but that $.25 of the $1 rake was taken from my $2 side pot.

This really was the best table I have ever played.

Thanks for the analysis, TheRake.

Mike Gallo
12-18-2003, 04:21 PM
Taxat,

You could have capped preflop. You want to charge the flush draws and the one card straight draw.

I would not have taken my foot off of the pedal either.

I should have capped the flop, but I began to suspect Aces. Anyone check-call the turn?

I would not check call the turn, in case somebody raised on the flop for the free card on the turn.

Good post.

TheRake
12-18-2003, 04:39 PM
[ QUOTE ]
You could have capped preflop.

[/ QUOTE ]

I assume you mean post flop. Pre-flop was capped before it got back to him.

[ QUOTE ]
I would not check call the turn, in case somebody raised on the flop for the free card on the turn

[/ QUOTE ]

Good point MG.

TheRake

Mike Gallo
12-18-2003, 04:58 PM
I assume you mean post flop. Pre-flop was capped before it got back to him.

Oppps. I mean on the flop, thanks.