PDA

View Full Version : Problem Hand

KingNothing
12-17-2003, 09:31 PM
I don't have any hard data like poker traker, but it seems to me that one of my biggest losing hands is TT in the first two positions left of the big blind. I usually raise to cut down the field and hope my hand will hold up unimproved, but limping doesn't seem to be the answer either. So 1) Should I be playing TT from early position and 2) if so, how? (My typical game is 2/4 on party)

This is my first post so I appreciate all the feedback.

JohnShaft
12-17-2003, 09:34 PM
TT is the biggest Pocket Pair I generally don't open raise with UTG in loose games. 2/4 qualifies for that in my book (especially Party).
So basically I limp with it mostly.

Maybe someone has more success raising with it UTG in these type of games? (I can't say I've tried too that much)

bunky9590
12-17-2003, 09:38 PM
I'm about 50/50 with it.
50% limp 50% raise.

Your problem with the hand probably occurs postflop where you lose the money.

gunboat
12-17-2003, 09:46 PM
I would open raise at a tight table and limp at a loose table hoping to pick up the set if there are lots of callers or win unimproved against one or two.

yes, I know. Why would I be at a tight table?

Clarkmeister
12-17-2003, 10:01 PM
"Why would I be at a tight table? "

Because they can be very profitable with lower than normal variance.

Its good to learn how to win in all conditions because as you move up, games seldom stay "great" for prolonged periods and you need to know how to handle different game textures.

Tosh
12-17-2003, 10:29 PM
TT is a hand where you want a small number of opponents or a large number. Raise in tight games, limp in loose ones.