PDA

View Full Version : Missed bets?

Henke
12-17-2003, 05:01 PM
Will post two hands here, because they kind of have the same theme... The game is quite loose passive btw.

Hand 1
Party Poker 0.50/1 (10 handed)
Hero has 9/images/graemlins/club.gif, 8/images/graemlins/club.gif and is EP2

EP1 limps, Hero limps, MP1 limps, MP2 limps, Button limps, SB limps, BB checks

Flop(7 SB): 3/images/graemlins/club.gif, 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 2/images/graemlins/club.gif

SB checks, BB checks, EP1 checks, Hero checks, MP1 checks, MP2 bets, Button calls, SB folds, BB folds, EP1 calls, Hero raises, MP1 folds, MP2 3-bets, Button calls, EP1 calls, Hero calls

Turn(9 BB): 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif

EP1 checks, Hero checks, MP2 checks, Button checks

River(9 BB): 6/images/graemlins/club.gif

EP1 checks, Hero bets, MP2 calls, Button calls, EP1 folds

Hand 2
MP3 has been in most pots, and is very short stacked.

Party Poker 0.50/1 (9 handed)
Hero has 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif and is BB

EP1 limps, MP3 limps, Button limps, SB limps, Hero checks

Flop(5 SB): K/images/graemlins/spade.gif, T/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif

SB checks, Hero bets, EP1 folds, MP3 calls, Button calls, SB calls

Turn(7 BB): 4/images/graemlins/club.gif

SB checks, Hero bets, MP3 raises, Button folds, SB folds, Hero calls

River(11 BB): J/images/graemlins/heart.gif

Hero checks, MP3 bets, Hero calls

====== SPOILER IN WHITE TEXT BELOW =======
<font color="white">Hand 1, MP2 shows QQ, and Button shows T6 for rivered trips. MHIG.
Hand 2, MP3 shows K6 and my flush takes it home.

In the first hand, I thought there would be a bet behind me, after getting 3-bet on the flop. Should I still have value-bet the turn with so many outs? If MP2 would raise me, he would probably push out some hands behind me though... /images/graemlins/confused.gif

In the second hand, the flush scared me. Should I have 3-bet the turn here?
</font>

Nottom
12-17-2003, 05:40 PM
Hand 1:
I'd have probably gone ahead and capped the flop since you were closing the action anyway.

When I picked up the straight draw on the turn I would have likely bet out after capping the flop.

Hand 2:
I think you played this one fine, but what you have is called a set not a flush /images/graemlins/wink.gif

Joe Tall
12-17-2003, 05:50 PM
[ QUOTE ]
The game is quite loose passive btw

[/ QUOTE ]

Hand#1: To play 98s in EP, yes it would have to be.

I think I would have check-called this 9-high flush draw on the flop. However, when you pick up an Army of outs you can bet this turn to see if you can take it down there.

Hand#2

3-bet the turn, you'll find the raiser had 2-pair of a pair w/A /images/graemlins/spade.gif more than you find them slow playing the flush. Plus, you've got 10 clean outs vs. the flush to beat it.

Peace,
Joe Tall