PDA

View Full Version : too stubborn or picking the wrong spot to get extra bets

NLfool
12-17-2003, 03:17 PM
well I haven't played limit in sometime playing exclusively NL. Anyways a friend who is a decent BM player came over and I told him internet poker is like free money. I put myself on the waitlist for some NL games but end up sitting at 15/30 while waiting for a good NL game to open. Post in the cutoff and the next hand I get KK. folded around and I raise it button and BB calls. Flop comes Q108 two hearts. BB check I bet get raised and BB folds. I 3 bet he smooth calls. Now I think QJ, Q10, maybe KJ trying for a free card. Turn is a blank 4 I bet no free card from me, and get raised. Maybe AQ but I thought he would 3 bet preflop with AQ. Now I'm pretty sure Q10 for top two pair. I call river is 4 hearts. Now way he is betting a flush draw this strongly but I've got Q10 beat so I bet and get raised. I make a crying call and am shown down J9o. Friend said I played that about as bad as one can play (his views are from BM play only) I say this is my internet mode of play. He says I played like crap and I may very well have but having not played limit in sometime I'm actually a little unsure. What went wrong with my train of thought and what are some glaring mistakes, as I'd like to get back into limit.