PDA

View Full Version : 64s on the button...

ElSapo
12-17-2003, 02:02 PM
Table is pretty passive...

Party Poker 2/4 (9 handed)
ThatCrazyElSapo has 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 4/images/graemlins/diamond.gif and is Button

UTG limps, CO(poster) checks, ThatCrazyElSapo limps, SB limps, BB checks

Flop(5 SB): 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 7/images/graemlins/club.gif

SB checks, BB checks, UTG checks, CO checks, ThatCrazyElSapo bets, SB folds, SB folds, BB folds, UTG calls, CO folds

Turn(3 1/2 BB): K/images/graemlins/club.gif

UTG checks, ThatCrazyElSapo checks

River(3 1/2 BB): 3/images/graemlins/club.gif

UTG checks, ThatCrazyElSapo bets...

ElSapo
12-17-2003, 04:45 PM
...for the price of one.

Just sat down, I'm on the button with 99.

EP limper, CO-1 raises and I three-bet. The three of us see the flop.

Bad three-bet?

Flop is jack high, checked to me, I bet, and only thr raiser calls.

Turn is an ace, he checks, I check.

River a blank, he checks, I bet.

lil'
12-17-2003, 04:58 PM
Hand 1 - You're a liitle loose there pre-flop, but other than that, it seems OK.

Hand 2 - On the second hand, I would bet the turn. The ace is scary, but you also have little chance of improving. Try to win the pot right there and then if you can.

Nottom
12-17-2003, 05:35 PM
I would bet the turn here. Might as well keep representing a big hand, he might give up on TT here since you "have" to have an overpair or an A to 3-bet him ... right?

After you don't bet the turn, I really don't like the river bet all that much. Unlike the first hand you have something to showdown, the only hand I can think of off the top of my head that most players would raise that you can beat is KQ and that isn't calling a bet. Maybe he has a pair smaller than 99, but it seems like you are beat here more often than not if you get called and no better hands are folding after the weakness on the turn.

J.R.
12-17-2003, 05:46 PM
Bet the turn, check behind on the river if he calls. This is the bet with no outs idea, opponent may fold a better hand fearing you 3-bet with AA, KK or AK and now he can't beat AK.

If your opponent is good there is no way I bet the river because I can't see him calling with a non-pair hand like KQs but no better hand folds, as your turn check says monster or I am afraid of the ace, and the I am afraid of the ace camp is far more likely from a bayesian analysis. A good opponent should know your turn check likely means you probably won't call a river bet because the turn A scared you but you may bluff/mistakenly value bet if opponent checks to you.

Thta said, there are few who the latter analysis applies to.