PDA

View Full Version : BOSS tourney update

rkiray
12-17-2003, 01:30 PM
Well it's been almost a week since I sent an e-mail to Management@Truepoker.com about BOSS. Haven't heard anything. I'm going to send an e-mail to UB today to ask them if they would host a private tournament. Would someone who has an account on Stars ask them? Anyone else have an idea?

Al_Capone_Junior
12-17-2003, 05:04 PM
Stars has hosted 2+2 tourneys before. I am quite sure they'll do it. I will send email and find out. PM me.

al

Nottom
12-17-2003, 05:29 PM
It would give me an excuse to finally put some money in over at Stars.

I wonder if Paradise will be hosting private tourney's when their MTTs go live. They seem pretty nice from what I've seen.

Joe Tall
12-17-2003, 06:41 PM
Toss TruePoker out then, if they can't respond, screw 'em.

Peace,
JT

BigEndian
12-17-2003, 06:49 PM
Stars tourney tables are 9-seated if that makes any difference to anyone. I've advocated their software before and I'd enjoy a tourney there.

- Jim

JohnShaft
12-17-2003, 06:52 PM
I agree.

I'm curious about UB's reply.
I won't hide the fact I love their software, but it seems they're either great with Customer Support or (all to often lately) can't be bothered with it at all.

lil'
12-17-2003, 06:58 PM
Stars would be a good site, better than True. I only have 2 bucks in that account, as I have sworn off tourneys as a waste of my time. I'll have to fire up the ol' neteller account.

rkiray
12-17-2003, 09:09 PM
Well at least UB got back to me. Their SW doesn't support private tourneys right now. They said they would put on a list of possible future upgrades they would consider, but no promises. Mike Haven mentioned to me the Stars would probably be happy to host the tourney, but they won't put any dead money in. At least that's the way KOTZ works.

JohnShaft
12-17-2003, 09:11 PM
Ah, well. Thanks for trying Rick.
Our options are becoming narrower by the day.

brian0729
12-17-2003, 09:25 PM
That seems a little odd. Im sorta w/ Joe on this but on the other hand Mr. True has been very good to us and has already said they were interested (I think I read that). Mike Haven, do you have any other address or ways to contact Mr. True that you could or would provide to Rk?

rkiray
12-17-2003, 09:30 PM
Actually Mike Haven has been advising me all along. Today he recommended I send an e-mail to support and ask them to forward my e-mail to David's private e-mail. The problem is True support has answered the last two e-mails I sent them. I will try one more time though.

Al_Capone_Junior
12-18-2003, 12:09 AM
they said no, they have too many requests, are considering their options, bla bla bla bla bla etc etc.

al

Gomez22
12-18-2003, 01:01 AM
What about TGC??? No one has mentioned them here, and I think they would be willing to accomodate us somewhat. I know their software needs upgrading in the tourney department, but it's just a thought...... If all else fails, it might be worth a try to check with them on this.

'Mez

JTG51
12-18-2003, 01:11 AM
Sorry if this is a dumb question, but have you tried sending TrueCEO a PM through this site?

Nottom
12-18-2003, 02:06 AM
In a field full of 2+ers I'd rather have more than 8 hands per blind level.

Al_Capone_Junior
12-18-2003, 10:42 AM
Agreed. It's a shame stars won't do it cuz their structure is pretty darn good.

I am asking around and will let youz guyz know what i find out. I need to know anything special youz guyz want!

al

Al_Capone_Junior
12-18-2003, 10:55 AM
Absolute poker said they will do their best to accomodate us. We need to tell them the desired buy-in etc. As for side bets and all that I haven't discussed that. I have an account there and could personally handle all side bets if "the people" desire. I can't say I like their software, but I have always gotten paid in a timely manner (hope youz guyz have neteller). Anyway, it's a possibility, please let me know guyz.

al

ElSapo
12-18-2003, 11:17 AM
I am asking around and will let youz guyz know what i find out. I need to know anything special youz guyz want!

Yeah, as long as you're asking, and seeing how it is almost Christmas...

1. All my family in one place for the holdays;
2. A Red Rider BB Gun;
3. Flopped straights and turned flushes;
4. A lifetime "travel free" pass from the airlines;
5. $6,373,813;
6. To find an affordable and nearby fencing coach;
7. A better job for my sister;
8. To make it through a year without my apartment flooding;
9. All my pocket pairs hold up - even deuces;
10. A special pill I can take that attracts women and repels STDs.

That about covers it. And of course, all tournaments will have two hour blind levels that start at 2/4 with 10,000 in starting chips.

rkiray
12-18-2003, 11:17 AM
When I took a poll, TGC got exactly one vote (Gee, I wonder who it was). But it's probably time to ask them if they are interested. (I'm really getting bummed out by the other sites). I don't have an account there. Anyone want to ask them if they are interested? (Don't promise them anything yet). As of this morning, I have heard from either TP CEO, or support. I didn't try a PM since I read once in the zoo that this doesn't work very well. Mike is probably correct that he is on vacation. Perhaps I have intimidated the support staff by ccing : management@Truepoker.com and they won't make a decision until he comes back. This disappoints me since in the past he always got back to me quickly.

Nottom
12-18-2003, 11:41 AM
I e-mailed paradise, but they don't have any support for private tourney's yet. Oh well it was a thought, I really dig their new MTTs.

Al_Capone_Junior
12-18-2003, 11:47 AM

Al_Capone_Junior
12-18-2003, 11:49 AM
I am waiting for an email describing structure of no limit and limit tourneys. They are pretty good, but I can't remember exactly what they are.

al

Al_Capone_Junior
12-18-2003, 01:18 PM
From the big boss at absolutepoker.com:

"Blinds start at 10/20 and go up every 15 minutes up to 16 levels. But I can adjust the levels to your liking. For a 30+3 I could probably add [some cash] based on X amount of entrants and possibly more if more entrants."

I need to know how many likely entrants and I will fill in [some cash] in with the big cheese's figure. Didn't want to quote exactly until I know how many.

I also need to hear from people as to whether they LIKE the idea of playing there. We may not have much choice so get with me ASAP. My personal email is customcretecreations@yahoo.com. Or you can IM me here.

al

Nottom
12-18-2003, 01:20 PM
I've never played there, anyone have any thoughts about the site?

Al_Capone_Junior
12-18-2003, 01:31 PM
My personal experience: I don't like their software, it's irritating, but it does work. The blinds are wrong heads up, but what can we do about that? The ring games are often quite good. The tourney structures are good, and they will change them to accomodate us. I have consistently gotten paid from there within two days, sometimes within one.

Others please comment.

al

ElSapo
12-18-2003, 01:37 PM
I don't like their software, it's irritating, but it does work.

It's glowing reccomendations like this which make me wonder about the industry.

I can't believe how much trouble you're/we're having finding someone to host this thing. Too bad Stars wont do it -- how many requests can they possibly have? I guess given that, I'd give True another shot to respond.

Al_Capone_Junior
12-18-2003, 01:53 PM
Hey, I gotta be honest about it. If I say it's the best software in the universe everyone will think me the fool, or the shill. Whatever, I CAN arrange it because I emailed them and asked! They were very receptive. If their software was REALLY terrible I wouldn't play there. It's just got a few annoyances. Obviously everyone can't be as good as paradise.

al

ElSapo
12-18-2003, 02:01 PM
Hey, no, I didn't mean about this place in specific or anything. More of a general comment b/c in some respects the online poker industry isn't receptive to customer suggestion on things like software interface, etc., though I do think this is beginning to improve as some smaller sites get started up.

Anywhere you can get it set up, I'll play*.

*win.

Homer
12-18-2003, 02:01 PM
So Stars won't do it...that sucks.

Can't we just get Mike Haven to e-mail them and tell them it's a ZOTZ tourney? /images/graemlins/grin.gif

-- Homer

rkiray
12-18-2003, 02:09 PM
That sounds pretty good. I've never played there so I don't have any direct comments. True's SW isn't perfect either. I'd still like to give them a little more time, but if we don't here from them by Saturday morning, I say we go with someone else. What I don't understand is the e-mail doesn't appear to go to him, so even if he is on vacation I would hope someone would answer the mail. Even if they can't authorize the tourney (especially any adds on they may choose), they could at least tell me when he will be back. Oh well.

rkiray
12-18-2003, 02:11 PM
I had the exact same thought. But I thought he could say KOTZ.

Excalibur7
12-18-2003, 02:20 PM
Well if you want. PM me a list of what you want. I am 99.9% certain I can get you set up with a custom tourney thaat fits most if not all of your needs ( within reason /images/graemlins/wink.gif ). Choice of tables, 2,6,7,8,9,10 seats, game, O, HE, Stud, limits, blinds, payouts, level ups are adjustable. Just need to know what you want. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

rkiray
12-18-2003, 02:39 PM
At which site?

Al_Capone_Junior
12-18-2003, 02:46 PM
They will add on $500 if at least 50 players are registered. This is for a private tourney too, not a public one. I will need a list of all names before hand, so the actual registration deadline will be BEFORE the actual signing up on the site.

Guys, we need to decide. Not sure who the "boss" of the whole thingie on 2+2 is, but please let me know as absolute seems to be very happy to do this for us.

al

True Poker Crew
12-18-2003, 05:14 PM
True CEO is currently in transit, but he will be getting back to you no later than tomorrow morning. I will be sure to bring this issue to his attention immediately, and he will get back to you as soon as possible about the tournament.

Thanks for your patience,

TrueTechKris

Al_Capone_Junior
12-18-2003, 05:52 PM
You create a NEW screen name to say THIS when an email would have done? SPAM. I already don't want to have it at true.

al

rkiray
12-18-2003, 06:41 PM
I tend to believe them. I think TruePoker CEO has crediability on these boards. If he's not available, I'm glad someone else responded to my previous post.

Well we have an offer from Absolute Poker and a promise for a reply from True by tomorrow. If we come up with an offer like the previous 2 tourneys (or any offer better than Absolute's) I like to hear some debate.

CrackerZack
12-18-2003, 06:44 PM
How is this spam? Its the support staff instead of the CEO. Is it really that shocking?

I'm lost.

Brian
12-18-2003, 06:58 PM
I don't think that Al_Capone_Junior is that dense.

-Brian

Al_Capone_Junior
12-18-2003, 06:59 PM
It looks like an obvious attempt to get our business by someone who has no intentions of posting on or discussing poker strategy.

At least to me that's what it looks like.

al

J.R.
12-18-2003, 07:02 PM
But the point of this thread is not poker strategy but to find someone who wants our business!

Al_Capone_Junior
12-18-2003, 07:07 PM
Perhaps but the other sites aren't coming onto the forum like this. It's one thing for us to discuss it and another for it to be solicited on the forums. What can I say but I didn't like it.

al

Bob T.
12-18-2003, 07:16 PM
True is more convenient for me, I already have accounts on 5 sites, and really don't need to add another one.

Mike Haven
12-18-2003, 09:34 PM
i've just read this whole thread in one go and i get the impression that it is you who are "spamming" the virtually unknown Absolute, yet criticising True for spamming where they are only defending their previously stated position

i couldn't give a damn where rkiray chooses to play the game, but please be positive - you have put Absolute's offer on the boards; True's CEO is temporarily absent - give him a day to give his offer - then rkiray will have the full info to make his decision

TruePoker CEO
12-19-2003, 11:28 AM
rkiray:

I emailed you yesterday evening as follows,

$20+2 limit on True at Jan 11, 9:00 pm EST would be fine.

We'll do the bonuses you suggested

$12 rebate for 100 raked hands played since 12:01 am December 15, (up to 80 players in the field)

$2 early bird, for registration by January 6, 11:59 PM EST,

Hats to all players who finish out of the money,

$5 added to first ten side bets who notify info@truepoker.com

I'll check with Support re whether we can readily track flops seen % or look for most UTG positions. So, I would propose we do those, if possible or
propose a substitute if we cannot. We can do something tied to "first with a specific hand" more readily.

Sorry for delay, travel and under the weather.

We do value the business of posters from the small stakes forum, pleae take advantage of our 20% first time deposit bonus if anyone considering play does not yet have a Truepoker account.

Regards,

David

ElSapo
12-19-2003, 11:30 AM
This seems like a really good offer.

crockpot
12-19-2003, 11:37 AM
sounds great.

now about those side bets. i want a challenge!!! anyone who deems themselves worthy can bring it on.

bunky9590
12-19-2003, 11:38 AM
Thanks true and all. You will see me there, if it is on the 11th @ 9:00.

Will be setting up the true account in the near future to take advantage of the bonuses and early bird.

Look out now, bunky's getting involved in the tournies.
Now, next time I'll have to take on the zoo as well.

BigEndian
12-19-2003, 12:03 PM
Thanks for going out of your way to post an arrangement. Throw my vote in for TruePoker.

- Jim

Nottom
12-19-2003, 12:18 PM
Since we don't have a "SS hand" like the Zooers have a Granny Mae (becasue us SSers don't play -EV hands for nostalga purposes /images/graemlins/wink.gif), how about we have a Aces cracked bonus instead. Either to the Cracker or Crackee or both.

GuyOnTilt
12-19-2003, 12:19 PM
Okay, I'll challenge. $20 last longer?

GoT

Brian
12-19-2003, 12:23 PM
I want a 20 dollar last longer bet with ThingDo.

-Brian

Nottom
12-19-2003, 12:30 PM
I'll take a last longer bet with Homer since we both need to redeem ourselves after the last Zoo vs SS tourney where we were the first 2 SSers to go.

You up for it Holm?

GuyOnTilt
12-19-2003, 12:35 PM
I want a $20 last longer bet with LadinKilt, GirlwithQuilt and whatever other monikers you made up to mock me. You're going down, Brian!

GoT

brian0729
12-19-2003, 12:35 PM
What no Brian vs GOT, considering you were the two highest SS finishers in the last two tourneys?

Mike Gallo
12-19-2003, 12:54 PM
How do I do to get involved??

rkiray
12-19-2003, 01:13 PM
This sounds great. Thanks very much David. I believe we have a definite tourney now.

rkiray
12-19-2003, 01:15 PM
I'll challenge you to a lasts longer bet.

TruePoker CEO
12-19-2003, 02:33 PM
Thanks for the opportunity.

We will post the tourney on the tourney board onsite today.

Players who want to sign up will have to get the password from rkiray, as tournament coordinator.

Regards

David
Truepoker CEO

TruePoker CEO
12-19-2003, 02:45 PM
Actually, using my email address Management@truepoker.com works best. I check there more frequently.

In this instance, the fault was mine for the delay in getting back to rkiray.

mea culpa

JTG51
12-19-2003, 03:10 PM
Are we still interested in the Foxwoods last longer bet? Who's going to organize?

CrackerZack
12-19-2003, 03:12 PM
Since you brought it up...I nominate you to organize it. :-p

I'm definitely in. we still on for our $10 last longer bet? If so, email true so we get the extra $. CrackerZack is my true name too.

MaxPower
12-19-2003, 03:27 PM
I'm in. What kind of organizing do we need?

JTG51
12-19-2003, 03:42 PM
What kind of organizing do we need?

Ummm... I guess we need someone to make a post asking who's in. OK, so the organizing is done. We just have to wait to see who else is interested. I'll send some PMs out to save some time.

JTG51
12-19-2003, 03:45 PM
NM

crockpot
12-19-2003, 05:10 PM
you're on. you'll regret messing with the most powerful pot of them all.

Bob T.
12-19-2003, 06:27 PM
How about a Canterbury Park Last longer bet?

Bob T.
12-19-2003, 06:29 PM
I want revenge. Either 10, or 20.