PDA

View Full Version : AA hand at 1/2

ajizzle
12-17-2003, 04:33 AM
SB with AA. 10 handed table. 2 limpers to me, and I decide to raise. BB 3-bets, UTG+1 calls, LP folds, I cap and both call.

Flop comes 7 J Q, two spades. I bet, BB raises, UTG calls. We proceed to cap, with only me and BB betting, and UTG just calling.

Turn comes T of spades. This time, I bet again, BB raises, UTG calls, and I just call (I have the A of spades by the way)

Is this weak play, or standard. Is there anything so far that makes me think that i'm behind? Since I also have the nut flush draw, should I 3-bet the turn?

Anyway, River comes an 8 (not a spade), and this time I check, BB checks as well, and now UTG bets. BB and I both call, and UTG flips over Ad9s for a rivered straight.

BB had KK (i thought he had that or QQ).

Is my turn play weak. Did I lose the hand because I didn't 3-bet the turn? Would UTG consider folding here if he calls the 4 bets PF and the flop with nothing?

All comments appreciated.

Ajizzle

tj00
12-17-2003, 05:19 AM
Not 3 betting the turn did not cost you the pot. UTG will not fold if you put a gun to his head.

I would have played same way. By the turn they should know what you have AA/KK. I would expect to see QQ/JJ from BB. With the A /images/graemlins/spade.gif you have 4-1 draw but are only getting 2-1 on raise, so that is not a reason to 3 bet.