PDA

View Full Version : Pokerstars sit and go's

pokerscab1
12-17-2003, 03:34 AM
Is it just me, or is the competition on pokerstars tourneys a bit stiffer then other sites. I've found myself doing quite well on UB sit and go's, but Pokerstars tourneys seem to have a lot fewer people willing to call large raises or play worse hands as Ive seen on UB or PartyPoker. Am I alone in this observation?

whiskeytown
12-17-2003, 04:01 AM
does the UB sit and go's advance based on # of hands (like every 10 hands, like they do with Paradise and Party Poker?) - or do they go up on a time limit, like every 10 min. in Pokerstars...

I think PS take longer cause they play on a time limit, not number of hands, and there's less need to gamble....that's what I think anyways..

RB

Rob Blackburn
12-17-2003, 10:36 AM
I tend to agree with you here, though I don't think the players are all that much better they seem to play more correct I suppose. I still get my share of crazies on PS, but not as many as I was running across on Party. Plus I'm not sure if its still the same way at Party, but getting into a SnG had to be one of he most annoying tasks ever, which led to me sticking with PS exclusively even if it is fish central at Party.

eMarkM
12-17-2003, 10:55 AM
Stars has a lot of very good tournament players (ie, multi-table) and they spill over into the SNGs. At least at the levels ($50 and above) I like to play. Still, there are those that swear by these, at least the two table format (Copernicus) and the superior structure. And they make good points, the two table gives you a much better tourney type experience where you can really manage a stack.

But me, I'll take Party $50 anytime. The play is simply awful. The $50 and up SNGs also give you T1000 now, so a little bit less of a crap shoot than before when you only got T800. Superior format vs awful players, I'll take bad players everytime. You get paid off far more often on your big hands and this makes up for the "crapshootiness" of their format.

And I don't know why people complain that they're too difficult to get in. Yeah, that interface is buggy in that it doesn't update properly. It's frustrating to see in the lobby that there's five spots open and you go to the table and they're half way through level one. But if I miss getting in one, there's another one starting in 2 minutes. The waits are much longer at UB/Stars/Paradise.

Schmed
12-17-2003, 12:25 PM
is to hide the full tables. That way you only get tables that are ready to fire. Yeah you still run in to it a bit but it's easier to get in to than having to wade through full tables