PDA

View Full Version : Flush draw in the BB early - How do I play this?

GrinningBuddha
12-17-2003, 12:55 AM
Level 2 of a satellite, nowhere near the money. Blinds are 15/30.

UTG+2 and CO limp, I check my option with 8 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif 9 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif. Both opponents have me covered. I have T950.

Flop comes A /images/graemlins/spade.gif K /images/graemlins/diamond.gif 2 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif.

What's my play on the flop? I have little info on my opponents with it being this early. I decide to bet 90 into the pot of 105 to represent an Ace.

EP calls, CO folds. Turn comes 7 /images/graemlins/spade.gif.

Here with just the one opponent, I bet 120 to see if I can pick up the pot. He calls again. I put him on a weak Ace at this point as anything stronger likely would have raised.

River comes 3 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif. What's the appropriate bet size with a pot of 425?

Results in white below:

<font color="white"> I bet 240 and my opponent then min-raised to 480. I don't like it, but call anyway and my opponent flips over Ad Jd. Meh. Should I have just let this go on the flop? If so, what's the point of playing suited connectors? Is there any point in folding if my opponent puts me all-in on the river, like he should have?</font>

Thanks!

CrisBrown
12-17-2003, 01:18 AM
Hiya G.B.,

I think you played the hand fine. That's one of the dangers of suited connectors. You can hit for a flush, be beaten by a higher flush, and it's hard not to pay him off.

As for your question ("what's the point of playing suited connectors"), you won't always run into a higher flush. And the same argument could be made on almost any hand. You have AK and the flop comes A-K-K ... you move all-in, and your opponent calls with AA ... what's the point of playing AK?

That's when all you can do is type "nh" and move on....

Cris

GrinningBuddha
12-17-2003, 01:24 AM
I guess what I was getting at was that suited connectors are loved by many, but if you can't play them aggressively, there's really no point playing them at all, is there?

Just hoping for some comments on my aggressiveness and perhaps opposing points of view.