PDA

View Full Version : Finally A good Use For A Santa Outfit

HDPM
12-16-2003, 10:42 PM
Here's article. web page (http://www.local6.com/news/2707461/detail.html)

This reminds me of a true story I heard also from Pennsylvania. I know this guy who was a cop in Philadelphia, but moved out here to be a cop. Needless to say there is a difference between Philly policework and here. Anyway, he told me they used to put undercover officers at banks and stores at Christmas time to thwart robbers. And one of the undercover guys (not the guy I know) shot a bank robber one year. the cop got a nice citation for it and of course all the other cops bought him drinks. For his bravery and such. Anyway the robber lived and ended up in court to plead guilty. The judge looked over the reports and said something like, "it says here that the defendant, you, went to the First Superior Bank and presented a firearm and a note demanding money. While the cashier was getting the money, Officer Smith confronted you and told you to drop the weapon. You refused and the officer shot you while you tried to get away. Is that what happened?" The defendant said, "Well, I did the robbery, but it didn't go down like that. I had a gun and I handed over the note. Then I felt a tap on my shoulder and I turned around. Some crazy dude said 'Merry Christmas motherfvcker' and shot me. He turned out to be a cop. So I'm guilty."

True story.

Alledgedly.

From a Philadelphia cop.

But it kind of rings true. /images/graemlins/tongue.gif