PDA

View Full Version : What do you do with AK here?

lunchmeat
12-16-2003, 07:57 PM
UB 3/6 Kill (game is loose/aggressive)

very loose player UTG+ 1 calls, I raise Ac, Kh in EP(after not playing a hand for a while), loose/passive player in SB calls 2.

Flop: 6c, 5c, 4h

SB bets, UTG +1 calls, I fold

I'm not in the habit of folding AK for a bet, and it felt pretty weak when I did it, but I folded anyway b/c of 1) the straight and flush possibilities 2) a passive player was betting into a raiser & 3) their starting hand requirements are such that they could easily have a pair

When those 3 factors are combined, is this enough to make a fold correct here? Or would it have been better to raise or call?

bunky9590
12-16-2003, 08:02 PM
I call actually, because I have the Ac, two overcards, which will probably be good if they hit. I would much rather a King come though. You have odds to peek at the turn especially to a single small bet. Turn you have to take from there.

Styles
12-16-2003, 08:30 PM
Having the Ac and being last to bet, I'd peel 1 here. In fact, I'd probably even raise.

I'd either a) try to get a free look at the River or b) if I got a club, Ace or King on the turn and it was checked to me, bet and try to pick it up.

Who knows what he thinks you have? Maybe you have the AcKc? /images/graemlins/grin.gif

ThingDo
12-16-2003, 08:34 PM
The fact that there are straight and flush draws on board should make it an easier call IMO. He could be betting a very wide range of hands here.