PDA

View Full Version : More crazy limp-raising...

ElSapo
12-16-2003, 07:50 PM
Table has seemed pretty normal for a Party 2/4 game, and I've got no specific reads on anyone. The CO is a bit short-stacked, with only about 7 BB in front of him, but I honestly couldn't tell you why. But I do know short-stacked people on Party will do some weird things...

Party Poker 2/4 (10 handed)
ElSapo has J/images/graemlins/heart.gif, J/images/graemlins/club.gif and is BB

EP1 limps, MP1 limps, CO limps, Button folds, SB limps, ElSapo raises, EP1 calls, MP1 calls, CO 3-bets, SB folds, ElSapo calls, EP1 calls, MP1 calls

[[I gave some thought to capping it here because this looks like one of those weird Axs or small pocket pair raises. But I just called, b/c I didn't think we'd lose anyone. Oddly, a week ago I capped b/c I thought I -could- lose someone]]

Flop(13 SB): K/images/graemlins/club.gif, K/images/graemlins/spade.gif, Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif

ElSapo checks, EP1 checks, MP1 checks, CO bets, ElSapo raises, EP1 folds, MP1 3-bets, CO calls, ElSapo calls

[[The button seemed like he was obligated to bet, so I went for the checkraise. It's a bad board, but I didn't think check-calling told me anything and if I bet I'm fairly sure I'll be raised. When MP1 three-bets it, I know there's a problem. Perhaps I should fold here, but at this point I think I have odds to look for that next jack.]]

Turn(11 BB): T/images/graemlins/club.gif

ElSapo checks, MP1 bets, CO raises, ElSapo folds, MP1 calls

[[I start to think I may have to see the river, depending on the action, but then it gets bet and raised to me. Easy fold.]]

River(15 BB): 2/images/graemlins/diamond.gif

MP1 checks, CO bets, MP1 calls

And guesses on the results?

ElSapo
12-17-2003, 12:09 AM

Vehn
12-17-2003, 12:14 AM
I'm not a fan of capping with JJ but I would probably do it here as my BS detector would be going wild. Then you would have the odds to call on the flop!

As it were I would make a "tough" fold on flop when it gets check-reraised. Seeing that you didn't I think you have a fold on the turn as you did.

CrackerZack
12-17-2003, 12:22 AM
woah

fold on the flop. your hand is craptastic with that flop.

call on the turn unless you're sure you're facing a boat. your 9 is good and your A is likely good and your J is definitely good.

brian0729
12-17-2003, 12:27 AM
Ill take a shot at this one, since you answered my JJ's last night.

I think the flop raise is the key point in the hand. You are getting 14:1 at the time leaving 4.5BB's to collect if you get your J on the turn. I think you could probably get them (its very close though) but you may also be drawing dead to KJ or KQ. I think for that reason I would fold here.

In the heat of battle though I think this is as you said raise or fold. I think the raise is ok but only if you can lay down to a three bet.

Just my .02 but I may have no idea what Im talking about.

ElSapo
12-17-2003, 12:31 AM
Then you would have the odds to call on the flop!

Serious question -- is this saracstic? (the exclamation point throws me off)... I guess I can justify a lot of flop calls if I cap it pre-flop /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Vehn
12-17-2003, 01:36 AM
Its uhm... I dunno, just me!

What I meant to say was you wouldn't have this problem about whether or not to continue with the hand on the flop if had capped it preflop because you would have done the old "artificial pot odd enlargement" trick.

Got it?

ElSapo
12-17-2003, 07:32 AM
Yeah, what I meant was... That's true, but was it right to cap. I mean, if I capped pre-flop with trash I'd have odds to see the turn with very little in many hands...

It didn't matter. I was drawing almost dead on the flop and dead on the turn.

Crazy limp-raiser in the CO had QQ for the flopped boat. Flop check-raiser had AKs. Weird huh?