PDA

View Full Version : Easy fold?

bsk1999
12-16-2003, 05:53 PM
Party 2/4 last night, my self proclaimed last hand, I'm UTG.

I get AQo and raise, folded to button who 3 bets, BB calls 2 cold, I call, Three to the flop.

Flop comes J 8 4 rainbow, big blind bets out, I call, button raises, BB calls, I call.

My thinking, I know the button has a jack, and with the raise pre flop and on the flop it could be anywhere from QJ to AJ, any big pair, or even a flopped set. I put him on a big jack. The big blind could have anything really, but he's not too tricky, so he probably has a jack, maybe a hole pair and hoping to hit.

Turn comes 9 to complete the rainbow. Now, If either has JT, I'm down to drawing to one of three aces, if the button has AJ, I'm drawing to one of three queens, assuming the BB doesn't have JT. So my best hope is the the big blind has top pair, weak kicker or an under pair, and the button has KJ. BB checks, I check, button bets, BB calls, I fold.

River comes Q, BB checks, button bets, BB calls.

Results later to those interested. My question, should I have folded to the flop two bet from the button, or played it the way I did. And then of course, easy fold on the turn correct.