PDA

View Full Version : Did I play too loose pf? Did I miss a bet on the river?

slogger
12-16-2003, 04:04 PM
Party 3/6, fairly loose table

I'm on the button with red 44. UTG and UTG+1 limp, MP raises, I call, SB calls, BB folds, early limpers call.
We head to the flop with 11 sb.

[ 9d, Ac, 4s ] /images/graemlins/laugh.gif Trips on a raibow flop...nice!

SB bets, EPs fold, MP (PFR) raises, I 3-bet, SB calls 2 more, MP caps, I call, SB calls.

13.5 BB to the Turn:

[ 9d, Ac, 4s ][ 9s ] /images/graemlins/smirk.gif I'm happy to fill up, but I'm a litte concerned about MP holding AA (which I think is the only possible hand I'm behind).

It's checked to me. What would you do?

I bet, both call.

River: [ 2d ]

Checked to me again. You have to bet this right?

I bet, SB raises ( /images/graemlins/confused.gif), MP folds.

Who makes it 3 bets here?

I just call.

SB turns over AKo, no spades ( /images/graemlins/shocked.gif)
My boat is more than good, but I kick myself for missing that 3rd bet on the river. What the hell was SB thinking with the river raise? /images/graemlins/confused.gif

Lost Wages
12-16-2003, 04:40 PM
Preflop: a little loose. You want 5:1 for a baby pair. You are getting somewhere between 3:1 and 5:1 depending on what the blinds do.

Flop: Nice.

Turn: Of course bet when it's checked to you. When you are just called, any doubt that your hand is best should be erased.

River: You should welcome SB's checkraise. Unless he played 92 in a raised pot you hand is still good. Reraise.

Lost Wages

lil'
12-16-2003, 05:26 PM
Pre-flop the call is OK if there is a good chance the blinds will come along.
As Lost Wages said, you should raise the river. I love it when someone makes a play when I have a strong hand.

LetsRock
12-16-2003, 05:34 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I bet, SB raises ( ), MP folds.

Who makes it 3 bets here?

[/ QUOTE ]

Definately - if MP raises then I make the crying call, but what could you put SB on that he gets excited by the 2 and beats you? I guess a tricky little devil could have played 99 this way, but I just can't get that paranoid. I guess A9 is another possibility, but I can't believe he'd have the restraint to not bet or the nerve to not raise the turn, so I'm happy to see MP fold and punish the SB.