PDA

View Full Version : Reasons not to play poker while you work...

ElSapo
12-16-2003, 04:01 PM
I'd actually like some comment on the parts of the hand leading up to my last action. I think it's pretty simple, but sometimes you never know. I tried to limp-raise my aces, which obviously failed when everyone except the button limped. This many limpers was really out of the ordinary, and most hands seemed to have a raise tossed in pre-flop somewhere.

Oops.

Take it from there, to the final action, where the phone rang and I blanked. Yeah, that's me there, the guy with the nuts who closes the action but just calls.

Party Poker 2/4 (10 handed)
Hero has A/images/graemlins/club.gif, A/images/graemlins/heart.gif and is UTG

Hero limps, EP1 limps, EP2 limps, MP1 limps, MP2 limps, CO limps, Button folds, SB limps, BB checks

Flop(8 SB): 4/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 7/images/graemlins/club.gif, Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif

SB checks, BB checks, Hero bets, EP1 folds, EP2 folds, MP1 folds, MP2 calls, CO raises, SB folds, BB folds, Hero 3-bets, MP2 calls, CO calls

Turn(8 1/2 BB): A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif

Hero bets, MP2 raises, CO calls, Hero 3-bets, MP2 calls, CO calls

River(17 1/2 BB): 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif

Hero bets, MP2 raises, CO calls, Hero calls

george w of poker
12-16-2003, 07:41 PM
perhaps this is just a matter of style, but i've never, ever, ever been in a party 2/4 gamer where limp reraising aces would be a good idea. you have the monster of all monster heads up hands and you are encouraging limpers?

rest of the hand is routine until the obvious river blunder.

ElSapo
12-16-2003, 07:55 PM
I find game texture seems to change pretty quickly sometimes, even without a big change in players. I've seen 2/4 tables - especially around midday - that were fairly tight. This game had been shifting around some, and the attempt may have been ill-timed.

Despite that, if everyone limps, the BB raises and then I three-bet, and everyone calls, that's quite allright by me as well. I'm not afraid of playing aces against a large field, I just want to get the money in up front.

And yeah. The river. Blunder. I started at the hand history wondering what the hell I'd been thinking...

Tosh
12-16-2003, 07:58 PM
Just a personal thing but I don't like limp-raising aces. I'd much rather raise it and hope someone 3 bets me so I can make it 4 bets. If you attempt a limp raise it will tend to be 1 or 3 bets to see the flop but if you just raise it will be 2 or 4.