PDA

View Full Version : Standing on the corner, shooting around the corner

andyfox
12-16-2003, 03:39 PM
Heard a blurb on the radio today that the Israelis have developed a gun that can shoot around corners. It apparently has a screen and a swivel that somehow shoots out the bullets at an angle. (Not unlike my bullets, but that's anothe story.)

Anyway, thought our gun lovers here at 2+2 would welcome this news. I'm just hoping they don't develop one that can shoot over the internet. /images/graemlins/frown.gif

Gamblor
12-16-2003, 03:44 PM
Anyway, thought our gun lovers here at 2+2 would welcome this news. I'm just hoping they don't develop one that can shoot over the internet

Even if they did, unless you develop the habit of strapping bombs to your chest, or training people to do the same, or supporting (financially or spiritually) people who do the same, you have nothing to fear.

Utah
12-16-2003, 04:06 PM
I don't know if it has been discussed on this board before, but if you want to see some cool gun tech. being developed go check out metalstorm.com They have a gun that shoots at the rate of 1,000,000 rounds a minute. They also have a wicked awesome grenade launcher. You can see the guns in the videos but the action is too short.

I love the name Metal Storm. Sounds like a cheesey but cool video game.

Kurn, son of Mogh
12-16-2003, 04:17 PM
You're over the edge with the "spiritually" part, there Gamblor.

But otherwise, I agree.

Gamblor
12-16-2003, 04:46 PM
So you're saying religion is a fair reason to blow yourself and a few babies up?

If I believe God told me to, can I come by your house with 20 kg of plastic explosives and a big ol' bag o' metal shards and nails?

Of course not. Unless you meant something else.

ACPlayer
12-16-2003, 09:06 PM
People have been killing each other in the name of religion for only about a five thousand years.

Even this Iraq stupidity has lead to the killing of plenty of innocent people (more than the innocents killed in 9/11 plus the intifida combined -- and to suit the bigots on this forum I have not counted any of the palestinians bystanders as innocent in this equation).

Gamblor
12-17-2003, 10:05 AM
People have been killing each other in the name of religion for only about a five thousand years.

and to suit the bigots on this forum I have not counted any of the palestinians bystanders as innocent in this equation).

The IDF is a secular army. Ask the Druze and Bedouin units. Those units are 100% populated by, and commanded by, Muslims.

I didn't say that any of the Palestinian innocents deserved to die, if you're referring to this bigot. Because they don't.

My contention is that it is neither their's, nor the IDF's fault. It is the fault of the people that brought the fight to their streets.

And just because people die, doesn't mean they deserve sympathy. It is the innocent bystanders that deserve sympathy.

ACPlayer
12-17-2003, 11:04 AM
My contention is that it is neither their's, nor the IDF's fault. It is the fault of the people that brought the fight to their streets.

Apologist.

And just because people die, doesn't mean they deserve sympathy. It is the innocent bystanders that deserve sympathy.

The people who die no longer care whether you sympathize or not. It is the impact of the killings on the survivors that is the cause of the continued killings. The baby killed by an Islamist in a bombing has no need for sympathy -- the issue is the anger generated. Similarly the baby killed by the IDF has no need for sympathy, but the family is now ready to produce the next suicide bomber.

Gamblor
12-17-2003, 11:18 AM
The people who die no longer care whether you sympathize or not. It is the impact of the killings on the survivors that is the cause of the continued killings. The baby killed by an Islamist in a bombing has no need for sympathy -- the issue is the anger generated. Similarly the baby killed by the IDF has no need for sympathy, but the family is now ready to produce the next suicide bomber.

Apologist.

Gamblor
12-17-2003, 12:19 PM
How is it you are comparing a well-trained, moral, and secular army with a mandate to protect the citizens of Israel to murderous, organizations with expressed goals of destroying all Jews in the Zionist-occupied lands (read: all of Israel)?

Shouldn't you take into account that all of the deaths you read about in the newspapers are publicized by the people whose moral structure allows for blowing themselves up in supermarkets?

Would you put it past these same people to send out their kids into crossfire, to send out women and children to die, just to elicit world sympathy in their favour?

daryn
12-17-2003, 05:37 PM
i'm just gonna come out and say this. you clowns are all big time losers. there, i said it.. now for my reasoning.

every time something comes up related to israel, you have to come and spout all this garbage.. a guy could come here and say, "you know what i like? [insert popular Israeli food here]..

and then you would come and say.. well yeah, i like that food too, but it's tough to enjoy it when you can't help but hear the explosions of the Palestinian suicide bombers down the by bus stop near your house

Gamblor
12-17-2003, 07:58 PM
You're missing the point.

I don't give a [censored], I just get concerned when I see terrible logic premised on gigantic lies.

I simply correct the poster. Perhaps if I claimed the United States was gassing Mexicans caught crossing the border illegally, you would defend your nation as well. While the audacity of the claim I just made probably makes you think "How ridiculous", trust that I think the same every time I read crap like this.

daryn
12-17-2003, 09:59 PM
good idea, gas the mexicans!

Gamblor
12-18-2003, 10:05 AM

Gamblor
12-18-2003, 11:25 AM
http://info.jpost.com/C003/Supplements/potw/current/i/1612.05.jpg