PDA

View Full Version : Anybody catch Las Vegas last night?

NutCrackerr
12-16-2003, 02:54 PM
Chris Ferguson, Phil Ivey, Howard Lederer, and Phil Gordon all had cameos on it. They were playing cards while some chick was explaining "tells" to a guy who had been playing internet poker for over a year. I didn't quite understand how a guy could play poker for over a year and never heard of "tells" before but it was still interesting to see them all.

JTrout
12-16-2003, 04:16 PM
... and a mention of Cloutier at the "pros only" table, but no T.J. to be found. Weird.
I liked the way she could put him on a straight flush from across the room! I think she's bluffable!

fluff
12-16-2003, 05:39 PM
I didn't know Phil Ivey was such a newbie...I mean his hands are still shaking when he gets a monster!

It's on TV so it must be true.

Nottom
12-16-2003, 05:47 PM
Yeah I thought it was pretty funny. The guy brings his friend to go talk to an expert poker player and when he walks in there is Jesus ... does he talk to the World Champion? Nope, he talks to the pitboss chick standing behind him. Classic.

I was surprised to not see any recognizable players in the highstakes room, I fully expected to see Chip and Doyle and TJ all around the table ready to take the internet fishes money.

chesspain
12-16-2003, 08:14 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I think she's bluffable!

[/ QUOTE ]

That that's what the kids are calling hot babes these days! /images/graemlins/grin.gif

MaxPower
12-19-2003, 04:05 PM
Wasn't the whole plotline just a rip-off of Rounders?

I love the fact that the guy thinks he can beat the pros easier than the fish becuase the pros play rationally. That plus the idea that tells are going to help him beat the pros.

I never realized Phil Ivey gave off so many tells /images/graemlins/smile.gif