PDA

View Full Version : Passive play with a marginal hand

Inthacup
12-16-2003, 12:42 PM
Aggressive 15-30 game and I'm up big. I haven't played many marginal situations.

I raise on the button with 8 /images/graemlins/club.gif8 /images/graemlins/heart.gif. SB folds and BB 3-bets. BB has been playing VERY aggressively and his play is borderline tilt-o-whirl. I put him on any playable hand. I almost capped it(because of Hand 1 from The Experiment(tm)), but just called.

Flop: J /images/graemlins/heart.gif6 /images/graemlins/heart.gif3 /images/graemlins/heart.gif

He bets, I call

Turn: Q /images/graemlins/heart.gif

He bets, I call

River: 10 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif

He bets, I call.

I think I should(or could) have raised the flop. With this hand, my thinking was: This guy could have a huge range of hands. Why not let him do the betting for me and lose the minimum if I'm behind. Is that faulty? How would you have played this differently? Thanks.

Cup

elysium
12-16-2003, 01:03 PM
hi intha
call the BB on the pre-flop to keep him lively with his Axs. cap the flop and raise the turn calling a reraise. if he slows on the turn, bet-out if checked to on the river.

DanZ
12-16-2003, 01:14 PM
nothing else to do unless he will fold 9h or Qh, or he's so predictable you could somehow learn enough to fold without putting in 2 big bets, which I doubt. You acan bet the end if he checks.

well played.

Dan Z.

Ulysses
12-16-2003, 04:46 PM
[ QUOTE ]
cap the flop and raise the turn calling a reraise. if he slows on the turn, bet-out if checked to on the river.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow, elysium. This is giving way too much action.