PDA

View Full Version : Guess these hands

Philuva
12-16-2003, 10:49 AM
This is from a $10-$20 game. The main opponent in this hand is a very agressive player, who will push both draws and made hands. He is in CO+1, I am in the CO.

Folded to CO+1 who raises. I 3-bet. Button calls 3 cold.
Both blinds fold and CO+1 calls.

Flop is J /images/graemlins/spade.gif T /images/graemlins/spade.gif 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.

CO+1 bets. I raise. Button calls 2 cold. CO+1 3-bets. I call and the button calls.

Turn is 6 /images/graemlins/spade.gif.

CO+1 bets. I raise. Button folds. CO+1 3-bets. I call.

River is A /images/graemlins/heart.gif.

CO+1 bets. I raise. CO+1 3-bets and I call.

What did we both have?

Diplomat
12-16-2003, 11:04 AM
I'd venture a guess that you had A /images/graemlins/spade.gifA /images/graemlins/diamond.gif and he had K /images/graemlins/spade.gifQ /images/graemlins/spade.gif, JJ, or 8 /images/graemlins/spade.gif9 /images/graemlins/spade.gif.

Anywhere close?

-Diplomat

cruiser
12-16-2003, 11:33 AM
you AA w/ the A /images/graemlins/spade.gif

Him, my first thought is K /images/graemlins/spade.gifQ /images/graemlins/spade.gif

Gabe
12-16-2003, 12:28 PM
Well one would think he had K /images/graemlins/spade.gif Q /images/graemlins/spade.gif and you had A /images/graemlins/spade.gif A /images/graemlins/club.gif. However, since you posted it, it must be....?

elysium
12-16-2003, 02:20 PM
hi phil
he has KQ and you have AJ with the As.

Schneids
12-16-2003, 02:26 PM
My guess: You had AK with the ace of spades, and CO+1 had KQ with the king of spades.

Philuva
12-16-2003, 03:42 PM
This was the first time I ever remember raising and calling a 3-bet on the flop, turn and river so I thought it was interesting.

I did in fact have AA with the A /images/graemlins/spade.gif. So here are my thoughts:

pre-flop: easy raise.

flop: easy raise, when he 3-bets, I put him on 2 pair, set, straight draw or flush draw. I call.

turn: when the 3rd /images/graemlins/spade.gif falls, I figure I can raise to get out the button and get to a river showdown since I have the A /images/graemlins/spade.gif. He 3-bets. For whatever reason, my read becomes that he has a set of J's. I call hoping for the 4th /images/graemlins/spade.gif.

River: Yes, I hit my set. So I will raise. He 3 bets. Crap. He has K /images/graemlins/spade.gifQ /images/graemlins/spade.gif. I call. And sure enough that is what he has.

Question - now that you know the hands, who plays my A's differently?

elysium
12-16-2003, 04:39 PM
hi phil
i would cap the flop and turn without question, and call the river.