PDA

View Full Version : Bizarre Flop Play

daveymck
12-16-2003, 10:19 AM
Hand for Review strange play by opponant.

VC 1/2 loose passive generally but can go aggressive at times.

No real read on the player in question havent played against him before and havent been at the table too long but he seems loose has been in quite a few hands.

I am in LP with QJs two limpers, I limp too BB raises all call 4 to the flop.

Flop is Q 7 10 rainbow.

Checked to me I bet the BB calls others fold so heads up.

Turn 3 I call he raises /images/graemlins/confused.gif cant see how the 3 has helped him, has he slowplayed AQ or 10 10?

River comes J he bets I am on 2 pair so call.

What do you put him on? should I have 3 bet the turn, I feel now he maybe thought I was bluffing cos I was last to act on the flop.

TheRake
12-16-2003, 10:56 AM
Davey,
From the tone of your post it sounds like there is a chance won this hand (or not /images/graemlins/smirk.gif). I'll be honest, if you won I am really interested to hear what BB held. The check-call on the flop and check raise on the turn sounds like a classic slow played set. My guess would have been T's if I was in your seat. All this said I am going to take a total shot in the dark at his hand.....

BB turns over JJ for the rivered set.

I would never be able guess this sitting at the table, but I am guessing this from the tone of your post.

TheRake

daveymck
12-16-2003, 11:47 AM
Had he flipped over JJ or 1010 could understand his play, it was heads up he maybe thought I was playing A7 or A10 as I limped. So he raised on the turn to frighten me off.

In fact he flipped over AK for the rivered straight. So from my mind I dont understand why he raised and reduced his odds when behind.