PDA

View Full Version : Re-Ray?

HiatusOver
12-16-2003, 01:58 AM
15-30 Online.

Folded to me in Cut-off + 1, I Raise with KsQs
Loose-Passive losing player on button calls, completely unknown in BB calls...this is his first hand at the table.

3 handed
FLOP 10s9s6h...checked to me I bet, both call.

TURN Kc...checked to me, I bet button calls, BB raises. What is my play and is it close?

Extra question to think about...If I KNEW that the BB would ONLY check-raise the turn with AK or better here, and would ONLY CAP a 3-Bet with exactly QJ, how should the hand be played?

anatta
12-16-2003, 03:10 AM
Even though you have a straight flush draw, and top pair, his check-raise probably means you are behind. Nobody is folding a better hand than yours to a three-bet, and you run the risk of getting four-bet. No re-raise here, your best hope is the queen is an out, but even with 18 outs you are still less than even money to beat a hand you trail.

The only difference I see if you know he has AK or better is you fold instead of call on the river if you don't improve.

anatta
12-16-2003, 04:55 AM
You're not headsup on the turn. That's mistake one. You have a gutshot straight and a flush draw. Okay, mistake two.

Still I would just call, you have an additional caller but even if they both call, you're getting 2:1 on a 3:1 draw. The queen can be discounted, and you're str8 draw could be for a chop.

zamora
12-16-2003, 11:33 AM
i will give this one a try even if i may not be qualified.

do you fold this one if you donīt improve on the river?
if yes, i guess you can just call.

if no, then i think you can re-raise.
if you donīt improve, you check it down, and if you catch the spade or jack you bet.

the button is a problem. would he stay with just a J or Q? would he cold call your raise with something like AT, 89 or 7K? if so, there can be a lot of scare cards on the river.

if bb re-raises you again on the turn and/or bets the river, well then you can probably only hope for a spade or J to fall. i would call if a Q fell also.

the tricky part would be if a 6,7,8,9, T or A fell on the river and the betting was: bb & you check, button bet, bb calls. now i think your best action is to time-out /images/graemlins/smile.gif

HiatusOver
12-16-2003, 12:26 PM
Well, the main thing about this hand is that it is VERY player dependent. As a default play, I think a 3-bet is correct if you think the BB would ever check-raise here with a hand you beat. For example, if he knows you know that the button is a weak player and therefore a raise from him screams strength. Or if he is just very aggressive. The button as a weak player could be in there with a number of hands, all of which have atleast 3 outs and usually more. Even if you know that the BB has you beat a 3-bet and then a river check could be the best play if you can fold the button and clean-up any outs

elysium
12-16-2003, 02:23 PM
hi hiatus
call and allow your hand to improve.

sweetzer
12-16-2003, 07:58 PM
Since this is the first hand the big blind has played and he check raises you on the turn, you easily could be facing another raise if you reraise. He easily could have AK but then he didn't three bet from the BB preflop. KQ will tie you and QJ has you drawing to likely a split pot if the straight gets there. I would just call.