PDA

View Full Version : I raised 6 limpers w/ AQo in the BB...and lived to tell about it!

bdk3clash
12-16-2003, 12:50 AM
This table was on the loose passive side, with a few players (including the button) playing way too many hands and paying off until the end.

The limp-raise didn't really set off any "AA/KK/AK" alarms--especially from the button. It seemed more like an action play with a small pair or suited connectors.

Does anyone not raise here? Does anyone cap PF with this many limpers?

Party Poker 2/4 (10 handed)
bdk3clash has Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif, A/images/graemlins/heart.gif and is BB

UTG limps, EP2 limps, MP1 limps, MP2(poster) checks, MP3 limps, Button limps, SB folds, bdk3clash raises, UTG calls, EP2 calls, MP1 calls, MP2(poster) calls, MP3 calls, Button 3-bets, bdk3clash calls, UTG calls, EP2 calls, MP1 calls, MP2(poster) calls, MP3 calls

Flop(21 1/2 SB): A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 2/images/graemlins/club.gif, Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif

bdk3clash bets, UTG folds, EP2 folds, MP1 folds, MP2 folds, MP3 calls, Button calls

Turn(12 1/4 BB): 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif

bdk3clash bets, MP3 folds, Button calls

River(14 1/4 BB): T/images/graemlins/spade.gif

bdk3clash bets, Button calls

Results in white:

<font color="white"> Button had 55--my top two was g00t. He must have angered the poker gods to lose with presto.</font>

sam h
12-16-2003, 01:03 AM
I might cap this before the flop. The button has suited connectors or a low pair 95% of the time here. The other players are likely to have hands you dominate. The pot is big enough that anybody who flops anything is meeting you at the river anyway if you do flop well. And you might get one or two folds preflop.

Betting the flop is good. Trying to checkraise the button here would be a big mistake, as this flop probably hasn't hit him. In the unlikely event he does have a piece, he'll probably raise and you can threebet, which would be optimal for several reasons.

Vehn
12-16-2003, 01:38 AM
You played it perfect especially preflop.

Bob T.
12-16-2003, 02:03 AM
Does anyone not raise here? Does anyone cap PF with this many limpers?

I think raising here, has to be right, you are certainly going to win at least one out of 6 hands with your starting cards.

The limp reraise by the button has to be something goofy, like T9 suited, or a little pocket pair. I would probably 4 bet just because I am likely 50/50 with his hand and probably ahead of a lot of other hands. With my two big cards, I can't go away for less than two bets anywhere before the river, and if I happen to win, it may as well be a big pot.

Dynasty
12-16-2003, 04:00 AM
[ QUOTE ]
You played it perfect especially preflop.

[/ QUOTE ]

4-betting pre-flop is better. When you just call, you can be sure everybody else is going to call and put 21 small bets in the pot pre-flop. I'd rather have 28 small bets in there or have somebody fold for two more bets cold.