PDA

View Full Version : I owe this one to 2+2

DougBrennan
12-16-2003, 12:10 AM
As poker victories go, this will be little noted nor long remembered, to not coin a phrase, but it pleased me no end. And the truth is that I owe it to what I have been able to learn from 2+2.

It's a Stars 2-table $5 SnG (I told you it was not of import)...

Second hand of tourney I find myself looking at KK, and first hand loser goes all in UTG for about T865. Not wanting any callers, I go all-in for T1500 from EP, when, to my displeasure, CO calls all-in for T1400. Of course he shows AA and UTG is toast and I am very warm bread with T100.

For some reason I decided not to throw it away and to try to play good solid short-stack poker. Well, I doubled up, and stole a couple of blinds+limps and then went all-in with 99 and got called by AKo and rivered quads(!!) to get back to even for the tournament, and then played some decent but not great cards as well as I can, and finally managed to win the darned thing, flopping two pair against pocket AA on the first heads-up hand to close it out.

The credit for this non-momentous event goes to 2+2 and the tournament forum posters in particular, who have taught me skills to sharpen my game and inspired me to want to play my best.

Thanks all, drinks are on me. Just tell your bartender to put it on my tab. /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

eastbay
12-16-2003, 12:55 AM
[ QUOTE ]
...finally managed to win the darned thing, flopping two pair against pocket AA on the first heads-up hand to close it out.

[/ QUOTE ]

Of course, THAT guy is complaining on some other forum about all the idiots sucking out on him.
/images/graemlins/grin.gif

CrisBrown
12-16-2003, 01:21 AM
Hi Doug,

Congrats on solid, smart play after a difficult situation. You should feel proud of how you played, regardless of the stakes or the "importance" of the tourney.

Cris

DougBrennan
12-16-2003, 01:23 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Of course, THAT guy is complaining on some other forum about all the idiots sucking out on him.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ah it warms my heart. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Though to my credit, I didn't go all-in until I had two pair. As for my pre-flop call... /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

DougBrennan
12-16-2003, 01:27 AM
Thanks Cris, I do.

And you are in particular one of the posters from whom I have learned.

CrisBrown
12-16-2003, 01:45 AM