PDA

View Full Version : $10,000 in 100 hours - Round 2

nykenny
12-16-2003, 12:05 AM
Hello friends,

I am back at the tables! After the overwhelming failure of the first "10K in 100 hours" project, there are rumors saying nykenny is incapable of winning playing his loose and ridiculous style. So, here I am, challenging my own limit again! I started about 2-3 days ago. So far I have put in about 24 hours and I am behind again! I am ahead $2,095 after the blood bath session on Sunday (+400 in 17 hours! /images/graemlins/shocked.gif).

Here is a hand I played. The game was 10-20 6 max on Party. I raise after one limper with 88, heads up. Flop comes T72 rainbow. Limper bets, i raised, he called. turn was K. he checked, i bet, he called. river check check. He won with T8o. Was I too aggressive?

Another hand. I raised UTG with QQ. only SB called. Flop Kxx, I bet he called. Turn x, he checked, I bet, and he raised! I called /images/graemlins/frown.gif. river no help, he bet i called, he had KTo /images/graemlins/crazy.gif. How could they play KTo like AA? He was so sure I didn't have AK and would call?

Anyway I payed off like a slot machine that has only "7"s on the wheels (actually, i don't know how to play slot machine). Yet, I won another session.

Comments?

Kenny

ps. please wish me good skills, i have been playing like a brain-dead asshale lately and don't know why.

colgin
12-16-2003, 01:12 AM
I hereby wish you good skills. Seriously, good luck in your endeavour. I enjoy reading your posts. Please continue to keep us updated.

Colgin

nykenny
12-16-2003, 12:46 PM
Thanks.

I believe poker should also be fun. And throughout my posts, I have been trying to advocate the "fun" factor of poker. Playing for the money is important, but don't forget you can have fun and win at the same time and by all means you should!

Best luck and skills,

Kenny

MRBAA
12-16-2003, 12:54 PM
Queens seem to be a great hand to get broke with.

nykenny
12-17-2003, 01:15 PM
Surely I am behind schedule again. And it all attributes to nothing else but my bad plays. I believe I went on tilt last night. After an 8 hour session, walking away with $250 win is hardly a win in this super loose (everyone) and aggressive (me and a couple other steamers) game. Here are a few hands I remember from the session.

Hand 1.
there were 3 limpers to me and I raised on CO with 6s8s. blinds called and UTG rerised. everyone called and I capped.

Flop was 975 rainbow and UTG bet and all called and I raised. SB called and UTG called and limpers called.

Turn was an off-suite T and all checked to me and I bet. all called.

River was Q and all checked to me I bet and two called. I won after UTG showed AA disgustingly.

Hand 2.
I open limp with Qd9d. the next guy raised me. 2 more callers and I called.

Flop was AJ2 all diamonds. I checked and raiser bet, everyone folded to me and I raised.

Turn was another diamond and I bet and he raised! I turned around and asked "you have the King of diamond?". He didn't say anything, but everyone else bursted out laughing. (They all love to see me lose, cause they are jealous) I mucked my Q high flush face-up. And the other guy showed me KK with Kd.

After that I proceeded to flop a few more good hands including nut straight and lost. I lost for most of the night after I was winning $500 in the beginning, but managed to book a small win of $250 at the end. Left the game with a sigh.

Hour 32 = $2300. $7700 to go, wow. I suck. Maybe if i hadn't straddle the 6 or 7 times I did; maybe if i hadn't laid down AKo on a AJTxx 3 clubs board on the end, I'd had been ahead much more...

Kenny

Nottom
12-17-2003, 01:19 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Hour 32 = $2300. $7700 to go, wow. I suck.

[/ QUOTE ]

You're averaging about 3.5BB/hour and complaining about it. I can't say I feel sorry for you.

Dark
12-17-2003, 01:31 PM
stop playing like me seriously!

nykenny
12-17-2003, 01:49 PM
who u? /images/graemlins/confused.gif

bisonbison
12-17-2003, 01:51 PM
6s8s... and I capped.

Well played.

Still the Spank E
12-17-2003, 01:52 PM
Isn't the basic problem with this whole scheme that, the more hands you have to play to reach your goal, the more risk you subject yourself--and, with it, your entire project? Guys playing $100 - $200 are looking to make $10,000, too--only they're trying to make it in, let us say, a significantly more constricted time frame. (Like, nightly). I mean, wouldn't a goal of "better poker" be the surer way to a fortune than what seems, well, frenzied effort.

nykenny
12-17-2003, 03:47 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Guys playing $100 - $200 are looking to make $10,000, too--only they're trying to make it in, let us say, a significantly more constricted time frame. (Like, nightly).

[/ QUOTE ]
I sincerely doubt ppl who play $100-200 are expecting 10,100 nightly win. but once in a while sure sounds possible. Kenny

Ulysses
12-17-2003, 04:44 PM
[ QUOTE ]
there are rumors saying nykenny is incapable of winning playing his loose and ridiculous style

[/ QUOTE ]

This thread makes me think those rumors might be true.

[ QUOTE ]
there were 3 limpers to me and I raised on CO with 6s8s.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ugh.

[ QUOTE ]
blinds called and UTG rerised. everyone called and I capped.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ugh.

[ QUOTE ]
I open limp with Qd9d.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ugh.

[ QUOTE ]
Hour 32 = $2300.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think you should be very, very happy to have such a positive result w/ play like this.