PDA

View Full Version : K8s hand

Diplomat
12-15-2003, 09:26 PM
Loose somewhat passive 15-30 full game.

I am in middle/late position with K /images/graemlins/diamond.gif8 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif. Two players limp, I limp because I wanted to post something today, and two limp behind me. The small blind completes and the big blind clicks the check button.

The flop is 9 /images/graemlins/spade.gifT /images/graemlins/spade.gifK /images/graemlins/heart.gif. Checked to me and I bet. One fold, and the player closest to the button raises. The big blind calls. I call.

The turn is 4 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif. I bet, they both call.

The river is 2 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif. I bet, the late position player folds and the big blind calls.

Is this a good time for a stop'n'go? Anyone think a river bet is worthwhile? Three-bet the flop? I know about pre-flop, let's talk the flop onward.

-Diplomat

Inthacup
12-15-2003, 09:29 PM
Yawn. /images/graemlins/mad.gif

j/k. I like the stop and go on the turn, but I don't see much value in the river bet.

Diplomat
12-15-2003, 09:48 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Yawn. /images/graemlins/mad.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Nice. I totally had that coming.

Really? I thought there was good value in the river bet. I was only worried about KJ or KQ...shrug. I figured them both for draws (straight draw, flush draw, one-pair draw, whatever) and kept firing.

-Diplomat

elysium
12-16-2003, 03:54 AM
hi diplomat
you won this hand, but K8s should be reserved as an 'on the button only' entry. the most outstanding feature about this post is that you are suffering from a lack of info.

if you were on the button, you would have a much better idea about where you stood in the hand; and you should only enter in with K8s from the button if you are very good at assessing your opposition post flop.

i don't think that your hand can sustain a call on the river, but you bet anyway. what were you trying to accomplish? the button missed his draw and a call by the BB puts him in the lead. i think a check may have been warranted on the river, rather than a bet with little in the way of positive expectation. also, a check on the river may have induces the button to bluff. now the BB may lay-down his K J.

you won here, but a check-call on the river looks best.