PDA

View Full Version : Bunky and Joe Tall picking on a girl in 6-12

bunky9590
12-15-2003, 09:15 PM
If you cant run with the big dogs, than you better pick a softer game.

Bunky's turn first
Everyone passes to female in MP, evryone passes to weak tight in SB who completes, Bunky is in BB with K /images/graemlins/club.gif J /images/graemlins/club.gif and raises. Female in MP calls, SB shrugs his head and folds. Heads up.

Flop: A /images/graemlins/club.gif 7 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif 4 /images/graemlins/heart.gif
Bunky bets, MP calls

Turn: 3 /images/graemlins/heart.gif
Bunky checks, MP checks

River T /images/graemlins/club.gif
Bunky bets, MP folds

Joe Talls turn, now 6 handed
Folded to Joe Tall in Ep who open raises, all fold to female in BB who calls.

Flop: Ace rag rag
BB checks , Joe tall bets, BB calls

Turn rag
BB checks , Joe tall bets, BB folds
Joe tall flashes me the 3 /images/graemlins/heart.gif 5 /images/graemlins/heart.gif
No part of the board

Table broke up after those two hands.
Go figure.

If chivalry wasn't dead, it just got very dead.

scrub
12-15-2003, 09:33 PM
It had better have broken up. On Saturday night, I counted 5 hands that didn't go to showdown in 7 hours at the 6-12...

scrub

bunky9590
12-15-2003, 09:36 PM
Man am I glad I missed that, I would have had to ram and jam that night. Couldnt ram and jam on Fri. just had to adjust to calling station Friday night.

Let me know how you cleanup those games in School!
See ya buddy.

AviD
12-15-2003, 09:42 PM
Is this the same sandy blonde young girl I always see sitting 6/12?

bunky9590
12-15-2003, 09:43 PM
Nah, early to mid forties, So weak tight its not funny. She can sit with me anytime.

Joe Tall
12-15-2003, 09:48 PM
She was too predictable, in addition, we were shorthanded and I could see the game breaking right around the corner.

When the turn card hit, she continued to stare at the board and frowned, ever so briefly, so I bet it again. As predicted, the "turn-folder" folded.

I was cold decked for the hour I played in that game. I didn't even have a hand worth defending in the blinds. I'll save my little report from that game for my trip report.

Great meeting you, too bad the game broke, it was a tough, yet interesting game, I enjoyed it.

Peace,
JT

AviD
12-15-2003, 09:51 PM
Heh OK...I see that young girl there quite a bit, so I'd think with all that sitting she'd have learned something by now! /images/graemlins/smile.gif

From what I hear she is pretty decent...but I'm a n00b so I sit 3/6! /images/graemlins/wink.gif

bunky9590
12-15-2003, 09:56 PM
I wasn't card dead, but the table got tight and (as if you didnt notice) I started to fire away at the weaker players in the game and isolate.

The two guys who were at your right, left because I was in their game earlier and got cracked hard in a coule of hands when I got them heads up so they were a little leary of calling raises without monsters themselves.

Funny thing was for the hour we sat together, we never played a pot against each other, did we?

I knew the game was going to break soon as well and had to pick up the pace to get the calling stations in the hands and the strong players out. Worked. two times calling stations called me to the river I actually had hamds.

BTW, after sitting with me, how would another 2+2er classify my play?
Looking for honesty and not sugar coated.

bunky9590
12-15-2003, 09:57 PM
Yeah but what's she going to do against two solid two plus two posters getting aggressive and turning up the heat because she got labeled as a folder?

AviD
12-15-2003, 09:58 PM
Lose more money?
That's my vote! /images/graemlins/smile.gif

bunky9590
12-15-2003, 10:03 PM
She needed to trade in the skirt for the slacks and pop us back with a raise to slow us down.

But, alas, no. She continued to hemmorage chips.

AviD
12-15-2003, 10:05 PM
I think the 6/12 is a good game at the Borgata...alot of weak-tight players there. I talk to many of them in 3/6 as they come back down. They go to 6/12 and weaken up...and players like you and JT eat em up! /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Man...I gotta work up my BR so I can get into some of that action!

Getting there...up about 25BB tonight in 3/6 in about 1.5 hours.

P.S. If I'd stop playing those shitty AJo to re-raises...I'd be up more eh? /images/graemlins/smile.gif

bunky9590
12-15-2003, 10:11 PM
Yeha, didnt mean to rip you on that, was just tough love!
Don't take it personal. I am seriously trying to help.

Ps I'll PM you the next time I go down there.

Joe Tall
12-15-2003, 10:14 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Funny thing was for the hour we sat together, we never played a pot against each other, did we?

[/ QUOTE ]

No we didn't. However, considering I played 2 or 3 hands total, it would be highly improbable that we would have.

[ QUOTE ]
fter sitting with me, how would another 2+2er classify my play?

[/ QUOTE ]

Right on, brother, right on. I didn't have a single wonder about what you were playing or any of your plays.

Tight and aggressive, the only way to do it.

Peace,
JT

AviD
12-15-2003, 10:19 PM
No man, rip away...will only make me better. I take it well! /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Definitely drop me a PM, I try to get down on weekends...this one will be tough though unless the weather craps out. I'll be out hunting. After Feb/March...I'll be down as much as I can on the weekends. Borgata is a nice room.

bunky9590
12-15-2003, 10:22 PM
wont be down again until after the holidays.
But I will PM. I only live 40 min away.

AviD
12-15-2003, 10:24 PM
Cool I'm about an hour...live up near Mount Holly. Work in Philly though...midweek is tough...full time job kicks my ass with a 1.5 hour commute. Die commute Die!!! LOL

sam h
12-15-2003, 11:44 PM
I think both of you played your hands like crap and that's gotten lost in all of your hoo-ah posturing. Bunky definitely needs to bet the turn and JT could find much better spots than 35s in EP to raise, no matter how weak the BB is, although he should be commended for following through with his turn bet.

bunky9590
12-15-2003, 11:53 PM
I put her on a weak ace when she called the flop, but when she checked behind on the turn, it was an auto bet on the river.

sam h
12-16-2003, 12:06 AM
Because even for a weak tight player a weak ace is to restrictive of a read here. There are other hands she might call with on the flop that beat you that you want to fold and there are hands that don't beat you yet that you don't want to give a free card to. She called JT's bet on an A rag rag flop and folded to his turn bet, right? If she is indeed a "turn folder" as you said elsewhere in the thread, then keep pushing.

Joe Tall
12-16-2003, 12:08 AM
[ QUOTE ]
JT could find much better spots than 35s in EP to raise,

[/ QUOTE ]

We were only playing 6 handed and the button was a weak-tight player who was there long enough to notice I haven't played a hand in an hour, in addition, Bunk was in the SB and if he 3-bet, I'd have something to talk about, I was thinking. So I open-raised, they were only draging 1/2 rake due to the shorthand as we goaded the dealer and house into it.

After that, I just watched her, she never took her eyes off the board when she as in a hand all night, and had a propencity for folding on the turn, so I bet it.

Peace,
JT

bunky9590
12-16-2003, 12:14 AM
nice aggressive play. I had nothing that hand. But it goes to show the moves and reads you can make in B&M games.

I myself am much better live than online.

scrub
12-16-2003, 01:06 AM
I thought that you played very well when I sat with you, although you did lose a few too many bets when I had the bullets. I was very impressed with your reads, which were consistently spot on, and actually used to generate extra bets. I think you might have called a raise once with a hand that didn't play well in a raised pot (KQo or KJo), but I don't remember the specific hand. My biggest characterization is that you were a good guy, and I had a good time hanging out with you. See you all around!

scrub

bunky9590
12-16-2003, 02:22 AM

RollaJ
12-16-2003, 09:31 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Joe Talls turn, now 6 handed
Folded to Joe Tall in Ep who open raises, all fold to female in BB who calls.

Flop: Ace rag rag
BB checks , Joe tall bets, BB calls

Turn rag
BB checks , Joe tall bets, BB folds
Joe tall flashes me the 3 5
No part of the board

[/ QUOTE ]

You bluffed with a small suited one-gapper on the turn, while unimproved???? http://www.loc.gov/exhibits/oliphant/oa048.jpg

Joe Tall
12-16-2003, 09:49 AM
[ QUOTE ]
small suited one-gapper

[/ QUOTE ]

I think I like 53s more than T5o.

[ QUOTE ]
on the turn, while unimproved

[/ QUOTE ]

1 bet on the turn as the open-raiser is a little different than going 5 bets on the flop w/Ten-high vs. the open-raiser; only to get 'popped' again on the turn by the open-raiser.

It's obvious that your thinking is flawed, as these situations are completely uncomparable.

rkiray
12-16-2003, 01:52 PM
Cool,

I like the attitude. I thought they were both out of line on both hands also. But Joe Tall's play made more sense since it was short handed. I thought bunky's preflop raise was horrible. But I suppose if the woman was really terrible it might be ok.

bunky9590
12-16-2003, 05:39 PM
She was really bad. I had her limp in, another really bad player who buckled under pressure completed in the SB. Two really weak tight players and I see K /images/graemlins/club.gif J /images/graemlins/club.gif in the SB?? Man , I gotta raise that. SB was so weak tight that he wouldn't even call another sb to that raise!!!! Leaving me HU with the Queen of all folders. You don't take the initiative HU against her with that???? Alright my turn check was weak as all heck, but she checked behind.

sam h
12-16-2003, 07:33 PM
Yeah, I like your preflop raise too Bunky.

rkiray
12-16-2003, 08:01 PM
I just don't like KJ very much. Even when suited. And I really don't like raising with it in the Big Blind. But this assumes somewhat reasonable opponents. If you really thought the sb would fold for one more bet it's a good play. But i rarely play against anyone that stupid. I admitted I wasn't there and I would make this play in a rare occasion. Since the small blind did fold you were right. He sounds like a bigger fish than the woman. It would take a very special table/set of opponents for me to do that. Normally I think you would be throwing away money. This is a great example on my side of the argument that Nottom and I are having over in microlimits (everybody drop on by, it's fun).

bunky9590
12-16-2003, 08:14 PM
Under normal game circumstances, I agree with you 110%. just call and see the flop.

The Sb looked at me before he called and gave that, please don't raise my weak call Mr. tight aggressive. I hadn't even looked at my cards yet, but was looking at him. I saw that hand against only those two players and it was an AUTO raise in that situation. The female wasn't afraid of me but was very bad. (She played her cards and not the people) and would let you know if she had something. The SB was really afraid after I stung him with a three bet after he raised the flop with a free card raise and wound up paying me off a few hands before.

I would never make that move against Quality opponents with KJs. Will come back to bite you over time. I also played the turn badly but I got away with a mistake against a very weak player.

Not saying I played this perfectly, I won, but very borderline play that worked in my favor against weak opposition.

BTW, I respect everyone's opinion and keep the critiques coming.

sam h
12-16-2003, 08:26 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I just don't like KJ very much. Even when suited.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's not a question of how much you like it. It's a question of the chance of it being the best hand, which I think is probably pretty high, and whether or not you can outplay your opponents, which is seems clear in this case.

Raising here gets more money in the pot with the likely best hand against two weak players, may make the SB fold, and gives the weak-tighties the feeling that they really need to hit something to show this hand down, because who would raise out of the blinds without AK or a big pair? These players are looking for reasons to fold. Give them some.

bunky9590
12-16-2003, 08:36 PM
Roight on Sammy, my exact thinking. had to take advantage of the situation. The table had some tough players and none were in this pot. Had to show some more aggression. gotta have that fearful image, right?