PDA

View Full Version : Is this flop worth a single small bet with my jacks?

King_J
12-15-2003, 04:20 PM
10-20 game online. Great game with a lot of players playing crap hands. Unfortunately I havent been playing a hand for three rounds when I finally get a playable one. I openraise UTG+2 with J /images/graemlins/club.gifJ /images/graemlins/spade.gif. I get three coldcallers (MP, cutoff and button) and both the blinds call. Even though they play bad hands I still think all the overcards are out. Six players on the flop for two bets each.

Flop: Q /images/graemlins/club.gif9 /images/graemlins/club.gif 3 /images/graemlins/heart.gif

Checked to me and I decide to check and fold. But, If they all check to the button who bets and the blinds fold, I might change my plan but im not sure.

How do you like my plan?

Dark
12-15-2003, 04:57 PM
I would bet the flop if its check to you. My reasoning is you have a pair, you need to find out if you are beat or not. If some one raise you still can call with a back door straight or flush and a J to catch. if the turn is not a T,J,clubs then check and fold. It maybe be a "loose" play but if you catch they will pay you off and you have the right odds to call. If you just check/call on the flop then you have no idea what you opponent have.