PDA

View Full Version : AJo with posters

Rico Suave
12-15-2003, 04:18 PM
Table has been changing over a lot and I have no reads. (Is this a brief enough description for you Chesspain? /images/graemlins/grin.gif)

Party Poker 2/4 (9 handed)
Rico has A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, J/images/graemlins/spade.gif and is MP2

EP1(poster) checks, MP1(poster) checks, Rico limps, MP3 limps, Button folds, SB limps, BB checks

Flop(6 SB): K/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif, J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif

SB checks, BB bets, EP1 folds, MP1 folds, Rico calls, MP3 folds, SB folds

Turn(4 BB): 4/images/graemlins/diamond.gif

BB bets, Rico folds

A couple of questions.

1. What is my best play here pf with the 2 posters in before me?

2. This type of scenario on the flop I am not sure I am playing correctly. With 6 people in the pot, I have to assume that someone has a king--wouldn't you? So then it becomes a simple matter of pot odds on whether to call with my Js and As being clean outs--right? I know that the odds are close here, but I make the call anyway. It just doesn't feel right.

Does anyone think that I should have raised the flop bet (i have position on the bettor) in order to take the free card after the turn? And if I didn't improve by the river, I cannot call the sb's river bet-right?

2nd pair hands with an overcard are tough hands for me. Any comments are welcome.

--Rico

Brian
12-15-2003, 04:27 PM
Hi Rico,

I would raise this pre-Flop. I generally don't like to play big pots with AJo, and that's what this is going to become with 3 limpers in early position. Also, give the posters a chance to fold by raising.

I would fold this on the Flop without a read on the BB. He is betting into a rather large field with no apparent Flush draws on board (and few possible straight draws). Give him credit for the King. Calling is by far the worst option; if you don't think he has the King, then raise him. If you do, then fold; you don't have the odds to draw to the Ace or another Jack.

-Brian

Kurn, son of Mogh
12-15-2003, 04:27 PM
You've got almost 2 bb in dead money in the pot to start with and 2 posters who just showed weakness. Raise preflop.

BB bets into 5 opponents on the flop you have to figure him for a K. Either bail here or raise. Unless he's got a fairly strong K, you'll probably get to a showdown for one more bb.