PDA

View Full Version : 2 hands for the price of 1...today only at Mid-Stakes

CrackerZack
12-15-2003, 02:14 PM
Hand 1:

I'm in my 3rd orbit in the game and its seems mediocre. My LHO is a crazy asian kid playing fast when he feels like it regardless of hand. There are two week players on the other side of the table and one in the 10 seat. Seat 1 is one of those semi-solid older types who plays tight, bets when he has something, probably could use some aggression pills, he's the main opponent here.

My drive to AC was filled with traffic, the first game I sat in broke immediately and the waitress disappeared with my corona before it was empty. I was close to moody when she appeared with a new one and refused to take a tip. (I double tipped her next time to make up) Her quick resolution put me on cloud 9...good waitresses, perfect. Anyway, I read Coilean's "Yegad" post earlier in the day and the weather looked nice out on that limp. I open raise UTG+3 with 7h5h, cutoff calls, seat 1 (button) calls, blinds fold.

Flop: 4s 4d 2h

I lead out with my double backdoor draws and overcard :P, we lose the cutoff but the button calls.

Turn:
[4s 4d 2h] 3c

I bet again with my now open-ender and overcards, button calls again. At this point I'm pretty sure he has either an middling overpair or AK and is pretty sure I have no part of that board (he may revise that thought after this hand). I'm check my advertising budget and it has enough in it for a river bet so I'm planning on bluffing the river also or value betting a straight.

River:
[4s 4d 2h 3c] 7c

I look for a second and check. Thoughts? I figured I'd be betting the river with any card but the 7 gave me a small amount of showdown value and I now wanted to pick off a bluff. I think the move was wrong against this opponent though but in the heat of the moment, it seemed right. Coilean I cannot be. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Hand 2:
New table, new day, new game. A different crazy asian kid is UTG this hand. He's open-raised about 70% of his hands the last 2 orbits, showdown 2 winners with semi-real hands and won 5 or 6 pots without a showdown. If he doesn't open raise, which is with another 10% of hands (he does fold about 20% of the time), he'll limp and then go into a check-raise 3-bet style dance that has about half the table really aggravated. He's currently making my day in sheer entertainment value. The hand...

UTG limps, UTG+1 limps, I limp with Ad 6d, MP limps, CO and button limp, SB fold, BB checks, 7 to the flop. This is a bit loose but semi-typical of this game, many flops are 5 or 6 way but go heads up to the turn as the whole world folds when they miss the flop.

Flop: Ts 7d 6s

Checked to me, I bet (MP and button are nearly guaranteed to fold without 2 spades or a T so if they call I need help and will act accordingly), MP folds, CO calls, button folds, BB calls, UTG check-raises, folded to me, my move?

I 3-bet wanting CO and BB out of this hand and they comply, UTG calls.

Turn: [Ts 7d 6s] 2c

UTG checks, I check behind.

River: [Ts 7d 6s 2c] Jc

UTG bets, I call.

thoughts? plans? moronic? should i stop reading this forum? Will I be getting invites to many home games soon?

Results to follow.
Zack

CrackerZack
12-15-2003, 02:15 PM
Hand 1:
I turned over my top pair monster and he mucked saying "Why'd you stop when you finally made a hand." My crazy asian neighbor laughed and said, "I thought I was the only one who pulled sh*t like that."

Hand 2:
He tabled 8s3s for a busted flush draw and I took it down with 4th pair, top kicker. He slowed down a bit after that.

tpir90036
12-15-2003, 04:54 PM
hand 1:
why slow down when you improved? fire it out there on the river.

hand 2:
he could be check-raising any number of draws or overcards here. the cat is out of the bag when he checks the turn to you. you probably wouldn't have been able to win on the turn anyway so the check looks good. you have to call for one more bet here on the end...hope he didn't pair a jack on you....