PDA

View Full Version : Losing money at the Borgata, a 15/30 hand

mosch
12-15-2003, 02:01 PM
Since I decided to post that dirty, dirty 92h hand, I figure I should also post a real hand from that game. The details are a little off since I didn't take notes, but it's close to right.

I'm UTG+1 with J /images/graemlins/club.gif J /images/graemlins/spade.gif
UTG (ultrafish) calls, I decide to just call, LEP and EMP (ultrafish2) calls, CO raises, SB calls, BB raises, all call.

Flop: Q /images/graemlins/diamond.gif J /images/graemlins/heart.gif 6 /images/graemlins/heart.gif
checks to me, I bet, LEP calls, EMP raises, CO folds, SB, BB, UTG call, I three-bet, LEP folds, all call.

Turn: 7 /images/graemlins/club.gif
checks to me, I bet, EMP raises, SB folds, BB & UTG call, I three-bet, EMP, BB calls and UTG folds.

River: 8 /images/graemlins/spade.gif
checks to me, I bet, EMP folds, BB raises, I realize I'm beat but make a crying call just in case.

BB has the straight.

CrackerZack
12-15-2003, 02:34 PM
Let me help you out a bit with this one...

I think you were UTG (in seat 4) actually, but the limp isn't ridiculous either way as you're very likely to be called in exactly 3 places where a limp will possibly entice everyone but me and UTG+1 to come along (he later moved to the 2 seat). UTG +2 limped also, MP (UTG +3) raised, 2 MPs (me) fold, C/O called, button 3-bet (first asian girl), SB called cold, BB would never fold his blind and called, you called, UTG+2 called, MP called (or did he cap?), all call. 7 to the flop of:

Qd Jh 6d (there were 2 diamonds as MP showed AdKd before mucking the river)

checked to you, you bet, UTG+2 called, MP (PFR) raised, CO folded, button called, SB called, BB called, you 3-bet, UTG+2 folded, rest called. 5 to the turn of:

[Qd Jh 6d] 7c

checked to you, you bet, MP raised, button dropped, SB called, BB called, you 3-bet (which I thought might be excessive but not too much so considering remaining opponents), all called. At this point I whisper to my neighbor, "there are about 20 cards in the deck he doesn't want to see on the river, and one he really does, the Jd", don't worry, MP definitely didn't hear me /images/graemlins/smile.gif 4 to the river of:

[Qd Jh 6d 7c] 8s

I whisper to him again, "That's one of 'em."
checked to you, you bet, MP shows our side AdKd and folds, SB check-raises you and you call.

I may be off a bet or two (PF might've been capped, flop might've been capped also) but the pot was ridiculous. I figured you took it well until I saw the 92s hand /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Joe Tall
12-15-2003, 05:00 PM
BB 3-bet PF w/TT into a family pot? Or AT??? Either way, it's an odd play.

I think you played it fine, I'd bet the river given BBs preflop action I'd never put him on the hands I listed above.

Peace,
JT

mosch
12-15-2003, 05:29 PM
Thanks for the corrections, I tend to forget the details of the action if I don't take notes right away which I didn't do because I was 98% sure that I liked the way I played it.

Glad to get confirmation from a solid player that my limping with jacks move (which probably seems very strange to anybody not at that table) seemed correct to you. Given that I was still about a 60% favorite at the turn, the three-bet felt fine to me.

Glad to hear that I appeared to take my loss well, at least until I played that complete and total trash /images/graemlins/smile.gif I was having a blast all weekend, even when I decided to play the part of the giant grouper for a minute or two.

slavic
12-15-2003, 05:45 PM
OK I don't like the limp preflop(it's not a crime but I raise it most of the time), I really don't like that you have a chance to limp reraise with 7 people in the pot and didn't do it.

I like the play postflop nice hand.

slavic
12-15-2003, 05:49 PM
oops If it was 3bet pre-flop I can see your call only pre-flop.

banditbdl
12-15-2003, 06:21 PM
It appears he 3-bet preflop with T9, which is even more strange. Guess BB was trying to represent a monster by 3-betting out of position with junk.