PDA

View Full Version : 7-3 all-in

SlyAK
12-15-2003, 01:06 PM
Gaming Club $5 entry, single table sng, down to 4 players. I am in the SB and am dealt 73o, obviously one of the worst hands in the game. However, blinds get very large at TGC and I have just posted 160 for the SB, leaving me with T620. The BB is third in chips with about T1200 after posting. UTG chip leader approx. T5000 and the Button approx. T2700 fold to me. I think about it for a minute, and push all-in. I have had a tight image at the table, (if anyone at the $5 tables pays attention to other players, which sometimes I think they dont) due to getting very few playable hands. I think the BB will fold if he doesnt have something reasonable, because he doesnt want me to double up, even though stealing his blind will put us close to even.

Anyway, the BB thinks about and as time is running down on the time clock calls w/ T6o. A 3 comes on the flop, and he gets no help, so I double up. I went on to win the tournament. However, how bad is my all-in at this point?? Also, what do you think of his call with T6o???

Thanks for feedback,
Sly

GrinningBuddha
12-15-2003, 02:19 PM
I think this is a case where you have to play the opponent. Is he a loose caller? Tight? Strong/weak player? Anyone who calls 1/2 his stack with T6o is definitely weak, and I'd have to think he's loose as well. In cases like this, the all-in is ill-advised. You'd like a tight player in the blinds here.

Having said that, it's a better move against a short stack than it is against either of the two big stacks who would LOVE to bust you, and can more easily afford to do so.

ironman007
12-15-2003, 02:54 PM
I don't like your move here but his call is even worse. At the $5 level, that type of move has a high chance of being called. Since this player is willing to call with that garbage you read him wrong and you should have waited for better cards to move in or since he would call with anything. Did you really want to lose all your chips with 3 7.