PDA

View Full Version : What do you think? Did I play it right?

WalleyeJason
12-15-2003, 01:00 PM
I played in a $200 single table tourney last night…I got down to the final two.

I was short stacked against my opponent. He had T5800 and I was around 2200.
He was very aggressive when we got heads up. The first 2-3 hands he was raising every time pre-flop. I was getting terrible cards so I had to fold. I finally doubled thru when I flopped a set, and he bet me all in.Then after about 20 hands or so I managed to pull near even.

The final hand went like this.

I was the BB with T3390, opponent had T4610

Blinds are now 300/600 and I get 8c 9c

He raises to 1200, and I call to see the flop.

Q /images/graemlins/diamond.gif, Q /images/graemlins/heart.gif, 8 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif I go all in for T2190

GrinningBuddha
12-15-2003, 02:15 PM
Looks like a reasonable play to me, as betting smaller will just end up with you all in anyway, given his aggression. I can't see check-folding here, so all-in must be correct.

What I don't like about it is that you generally will only get called by better hands. The chance of him having a queen is fairly small, however.

Except here, since it was the last hand of the tourney. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

WalleyeJason
12-15-2003, 04:08 PM
Well, He called my all in bet with

Kd 3d

Well, at least I knew I wa beat before the flop when I got my money in.

Next time I guess.

WJ

GrinningBuddha
12-15-2003, 04:16 PM
Any time you can get your opponent to commit his chips as an underdog, you've done well, so take heart in that at least.

You were a 56-44 favorite, and had a good chance of taking down the pot right there, so don't fret too much.