PDA

View Full Version : very big bet poker

provocateur
12-15-2003, 09:33 AM
I just logged into bbp to have a look at the tourneys on offer (roughly 2:30pm GMT) and before i could reach the tourney tab, a couple of the ring game statistics caught my eye:

Hold'em .50/1 NL: Average Pot $118, players to flop 100%
Omaha h/l .25/.5 PL: Average Pot $91, players to flop 81%

For a small site with hardly any big bet action, these stats seem to be right out of left field.

Any ideas?
Provocateur

Bubmack
12-15-2003, 10:05 AM
Was a gentleman with the initials J.H. in the game? That might explain it!!!

provocateur
12-15-2003, 10:22 AM
last time i saw j.h was in a h/l 7stud game about 6 months ago. he steamed his stack away, called his adversary a monkey boy and fumed off into the distance. legend has it that he dropped the rest of his stack within a week. there are uncomfirmed reports that he now prefers to play on PS /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Bubmack
12-15-2003, 01:28 PM
LOL - Im sure he will do much better at Stars. JH can look forward to a profitable new year.

Bubs

crockpot
12-15-2003, 03:47 PM
the stats are interesting, but i disagree with your logic. i would expect to find much looser tables at a site with one no-limit table, than at a site with twenty of them. there are many reasons, but the bottom line is that the serious poker players will find a better site than this to play at; thus the small sites are basically all-fish (except for the bonus whoring sharks).

Bubmack
12-15-2003, 04:13 PM
I dont know....Most newbies are likely to enter the poker scene via a large site - due to the advertising aspect. i would be surprised if very many complete newbies are a site like bigbet. I think you mostly have props, bonus whoring sharks and bonus whoring fish. Maybe a couple of fish that saw a banner somewhere. Having played at BigBet - I can assure you the games are much tighter than the games at Party.

Bubs