PDA

View Full Version : High End Tables? Anyone know where to get them?

RydenStoompala
12-15-2003, 09:16 AM
I'm looking for a six player poker table, something nice enough to stay in the center of a room without looking like it should be stowed due to ugliness. Anyone who knows of a place that makes/sells/distributes some really nice poker furniture, let me know where to find it. Many thanks!

prairieboy
12-17-2003, 09:51 PM
Ebay has many. Judging by the prices, many are low-quality, but others seem nice. Many also offer "2 in 1" or "3 in 1" (dining & bumper pool) options that increase the overall utility of the table.

If nothing else this is a good place to get an idea of what's out there.

LetsRock
12-18-2003, 10:40 AM
I don't know if you're setting up a "poker" theme room where the poker table is part of the decor, but you may want to consider an alternative:

the guy who hosts our regular game has a poker table top. It has a felt top, chipracks and cup holders. It sits 8 (a little crowded) and works great. At the end of the night he just folds it in half and puts it in the closet til next time. I don't know where he got it (I think it was a gift) and probably cost in the $50-$100 range.

This way you can use a "nice looking" dinette table for the base and not have to worry about it being "ugly". The table top is nice enough that you could leave it out if you did want the poker room theme.

RydenStoompala
12-18-2003, 09:14 PM
Thanks for the ideas. Much appreciated. I've consigned the job to a whacked-out carpenter with a diagram of of what I want. It's about $300 all-in.

yocalif
12-20-2003, 01:50 AM
Call the best pool table supplier in town, they will know where to get the poker table you want. Otherwise check your yellow pages.

I think for a piece of furniture you would be better off dealing with a local supplier, than losing money on freight with an internet supplier.

If you want a serious holdem table, I have found a listing or two on the internet for professional used tables, $600-$800 + freight.