PDA

View Full Version : granny mae - explanation wanted

Jackal22
12-15-2003, 05:57 AM
could someone please enlighten me as to where the granny mae hame came about?

eugeneel
12-15-2003, 09:23 AM
Named after the grandmother of the famous eugeneel. The story behind the Q5s is that they say she bluffed johny chan once with this hand making him fold KK preflop in heads up LIMIT Hold'em. (some of these old "legends" are a bit embellished however to make the story seem more appealing/unusual... what really happened was that he folded qq preflop...)

They got a hand named after every one of my relatives now. And at least three (or is it four now guys?) including AA, KK, and AKs are named after the man him self.

Glad to be useful,

-Eugene

thomastem
12-15-2003, 12:04 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Named after the grandmother of the famous eugeneel. The story behind the Q5s is that they say she bluffed johny chan once with this hand making him fold KK preflop in heads up LIMIT Hold'em. (some of these old "legends" are a bit embellished however to make the story seem more appealing/unusual... what really happened was that he folded qq preflop...)

They got a hand named after every one of my relatives now. And at least three (or is it four now guys?) including AA, KK, and AKs are named after the man him self.

Glad to be useful,

-Eugene

[/ QUOTE ]

Eugee you gotta whip out this humor more often. Really good stuff.

Any who, my goat wants to know is we can nick name you Murdock Fuzzy Wuzzy. What say you!?

HUSKER'66
12-15-2003, 12:19 PM
Ok here's my shot at this. The Grannie part is sort of self explanatory...I actually think I read somewhere a reference to Queen Elizabeth or Queen Victoria /images/graemlins/confused.gif. I think the "mae" is refering to the fifth month = May. So there....I'm an idiot for showing my ignorance and trying to "wing it" with this explination. But that my story and I'm sticking to it....at least I didn't show my a$$ and say something "smart" like it's named after my grandmother. /images/graemlins/tongue.gif /images/graemlins/grin.gif

ramjam
12-15-2003, 12:33 PM
You are getting warm, Husker. The name and composition of the hand is derived from the prophecies of Nostradamus which accurately foretell Granny's confrontations with Eugeneel earlier this year. "Mae" is in fact the old French spelling of May (or "mai" in modern French):

"The year 2003, fifth month, From the sky will come a great Queen of Terror: To bring back to earth the great Prince of the Russians, Before and after spades to reign by good luck."

thomastem
12-15-2003, 12:38 PM
[ QUOTE ]
But that my story and I'm sticking to it....at least I didn't show my a$$ and say something "smart" like it's named after my grandmother. /images/graemlins/tongue.gif /images/graemlins/grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

So...... are you saying this is not your grand-ma-ma?

HUSKER'66
12-15-2003, 12:40 PM
Ah it's ramjam! 2+2's very own cunning linguist! /images/graemlins/blush.gif /images/graemlins/grin.gif Thank you for clearing all this up, your help is greatly appreciated. /images/graemlins/wink.gif

Hung
12-15-2003, 12:48 PM
Did you know that AQ is called Doyle Brunson had, just like T2?
Doyle never plays AQ. Pretty weird huh?

thomastem
12-15-2003, 12:56 PM
[ QUOTE ]
You are getting warm, Husker. The name and composition of the hand is derived from the prophecies of Nostradamus which accurately foretell Granny's confrontations with Eugeneel earlier this year. "Mae" is in fact the old French spelling of May (or "mai" in modern French):

"The year 2003, fifth month, From the sky will come a great Queen of Terror: To bring back to earth the great Prince of the Russians, Before and after spades to reign by good luck."

[/ QUOTE ]

We can never say that we haven't been properly informed.

What do you guys think of calling Eug "Fuzzy Wuzzy"?

eugeneel
12-15-2003, 02:12 PM
"Granny's confrontations with Eugeneel earlier this year..."

I think that granny may only be away from 2+2 because she realized she was wrong about me and couldn't bear the shame of posting on this forum ever again.

Her most important statement about me: "You will be broke in a year!"

Followed by something like "you have been on a lucky streak for six months!"

I'm gonna try to find those threads right now... seems like such a long time ago now.

HUSKER'66
12-15-2003, 02:42 PM
Why does everything have to come back or revolve around you?!?!? I've heard of being "cocky".....that doesn't give you free reign to be a pompous a$$. Man according to you, your the greatest thing that's happened to poker. Your absolutely right....grannie left because he posted that you'd be broke in a year, and that prediction hasn't come to pass...........yet.

thomastem
12-15-2003, 03:03 PM
[ QUOTE ]
"Granny's confrontations with Eugeneel earlier this year..."

I think that granny may only be away from 2+2 because she realized she was wrong about me and couldn't bear the shame of posting on this forum ever again.

Her most important statement about me: "You will be broke in a year!"

Followed by something like "you have been on a lucky streak for six months!"

I'm gonna try to find those threads right now... seems like such a long time ago now.

[/ QUOTE ]

I remember Granny saying this to Online Cramp not you. Now this is getting interesting please post that thread Daryn....ooops I mean Eugiee fluffy wuffy.

eugeneel
12-15-2003, 03:08 PM
when you go from nothing, to almost everything you want (life is extremely good in all aspects for me right now, not just the financial) and when you really earn it, you have the right to be cocky in my opinion.

but I will try harder to supress it from this forum.

Not really sure what ticked you off about my previous posts though.

-Eugene

eugeneel
12-15-2003, 03:14 PM
http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showthreaded.php?Cat=&Number=296327&page=&view=&sb =5&o=&vc=1

I posted it but please no more stupid Eugene=Daryn comments.
Comments like this confuse other readers for no reason.

-Eugene

thomastem
12-15-2003, 03:22 PM
[ QUOTE ]
http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showthreaded.php?Cat=&Number=296327&page=&view=&sb =5&o=&vc=1

I posted it but please no more stupid Eugene=Daryn comments.
Comments like this confuse other readers for no reason.

-Eugene

[/ QUOTE ]

Eugene I stand corrected. First that you were written similarly to as online and secondly for confusing forum goers that the most popular and best player in the world in not only Fluffy Wuffy Balboa but Daryn as well.

Daryn my appologies to you to even though you don't like animals.

eugeneel
12-15-2003, 03:34 PM
thomas,

You stand pointlessly corrected since everyone who posted at the times of onlinechamp already knows we came to this forum with a similar kind of image (cocky, young, maybe immature etc)

there were various "Eugeneel=Onlinechamp?" type threads started at that time.

I don't get if you are making the joke that I AM daryin or that I seem SIMILAR to daryn.

explain wise one.

-Eugene

thomastem
12-15-2003, 03:58 PM
[ QUOTE ]
thomas,

You stand pointlessly corrected since everyone who posted at the times of onlinechamp already knows we came to this forum with a similar kind of image (cocky, young, maybe immature etc)

there were various "Eugeneel=Onlinechamp?" type threads started at that time.

I don't get if you are making the joke that I AM daryin or that I seem SIMILAR to daryn.

explain wise one.

-Eugene

[/ QUOTE ]

You can't call me wise until I buy an 18K car. I am but a mustard seed compared to the Grandeur of Fluffy Wuffy Balboa Zakaroff.

To explain Daryn.....gee I don't how. Can anyone help me here? Daryn help explain yourself to Fluffy Wuffy Balboa Zakaroff Chatafa.