PDA

View Full Version : How would you update Lee Jones pre-flop req's?

jonahmavesin
12-15-2003, 04:30 AM
When the inevitable thread arises (every week or so) about which books to read, Lee Jones's WLLH always comes up, justifiably so. Great beginner book, and an easy-to-follow entry into the game.

However, most people say, "Read Lee Jones, just update/tighten up the starting requirements." I'd be interested to hear just what your thoughts are on those requirements, what specific changes you'd make. This might make a good thread to refer newbies to at those times?

Personally, I don't like raising with TT-88 in mid position, or with KJs/QJs (those are multiplayer flush hands in my book). I'd limp. Also a little queasy raising with ATo or A9o in MP/LP respectively. Probably fold, unless I was button/stealing the button?

But I'm the newbie here. Others have any thoughts?

scotnt73
12-15-2003, 10:00 AM
i raise with the hands you are talking about in mp if im the first in the pot. i dont play A9o or below unless im in the blinds or i know i can get heads up with a weak player. im still learning to throw away A10o from early position it just looks too good. i have finally started throwing away the good looking junk like KJo,K10o but AJo and A10o still give me trouble