PDA

View Full Version : Another terrible play?

eastbay
12-15-2003, 12:55 AM
$50 PP tourney, UTG I'm dealt KK. Blinds 25/50.

I'm the only one who hasn't double up yet, half down. Everyone else has 2000-ish, I've got 1000-ish.

I raise to 300. All fold to BB who calls. Flop comes

7c 4d 2h

Checked to me, I go all-in. Comments? Results to come.

sam h
12-15-2003, 01:53 AM
Eastbay,

This seems pretty straightforward to me. I would play it the same way.

MrFroggyX
12-15-2003, 07:23 AM
Hi!
I quite new to this but my advice should insted of going all-in you should raise maybe 150 or something..

That leads to this:

1. If BB calls your bet you look at the turn card and see what it looks like.. If it not so scary the i would probably bet around 300. If he still calls look at the river and decide if you want bet anymore! If its scary then check and have an shwdown. Normaly you would win and have earned around 450 more chips insted if you had gone all-in.

2.If he re-raise you then you have to think about if he might have the AA or a set on he flop or trying to bluff you... That is valued information you can use. I should suggest call him and then check call him to river.. If not any really bad cards comes on the turn or river.. eg an Ace. Then you might think about folding if he bets strong.

3. If he folds then you only have riskd 150 chips insted of all your chips.

What have you earned insted of go all-in on the flop?

1. You might earn more chips from him beacuse its likely he had folded if you had gone all-in.

2. You don't take that risk of going all-in and get busted by an AA. You only intially risk your 150 chips. If BB re-raise you strongly then you might get an clue to what he has (or he might also try to bluff you.. lol) Anyway you gather more information this way.

But keep in mind this is to the flop in your example.. with an diffrent flop you maybe should act in an other way.

Thats my 2 cents.. Please if people have an diffrent opinion please respond so you can corect my misstake..

GrinningBuddha
12-15-2003, 02:10 PM
Given that there's now T625 in the pot, and hero has 700 left, I want to win this pot NOW. I don't care to bleed off extra chips from the BB.

If I bet 150, he's getting 5-1 to draw, which is plenty for an open-ended straight, and almost enough for him to think about trying to hit the kicker of his one pair. No thanks. I'd rather him think for a bit and fold so that the dealer can push me the chips and we can continue on.

I go all in on the flop as well.

JohnG
12-15-2003, 02:36 PM
For the depth of money and the psychology, your all-in bet on the flop has an excellent chance of being called by a hand with 2 outs.

Checking is another option depending on the opponent, range of hands you have him on, and psychology etc, in terms of inducing an all-in bluff or looser call on turn. But normally, all-in is probably best in the majority of cases.

I would have raised less preflop as well, or limped if the table was aggressive.

MrFroggyX
12-15-2003, 08:03 PM
Yes i probably would have gone all-in if the flop where like Qh 8s 4s but now the flop was 7c 4d 2h.. No high cards at all and beacuse the BB call'd the pre-flop raise (250 chips) he probably has something bigger han an 7 or 4 ..

eastbay
12-15-2003, 11:04 PM
[ QUOTE ]
$50 PP tourney, UTG I'm dealt KK. Blinds 25/50.

I'm the only one who hasn't double up yet, half down. Everyone else has 2000-ish, I've got 1000-ish.

I raise to 300. All fold to BB who calls. Flop comes

7c 4d 2h

Checked to me, I go all-in. Comments? Results to come.

[/ QUOTE ]

Called. Set of 7's shown and I'm out.

JohnG
12-16-2003, 04:43 PM
It amazes me how often a set seems to flop online with only 2 people contesting the raised pot. I just wouldn't give the possibility much weight in a headsup pot in a live game, but online it's always my main fear.