PDA

View Full Version : tourney blues

ericsind
12-14-2003, 11:19 PM
oh man...

I just had to share my pain. Tonight I just played in the biggest tourney I've played in to this point -- the prima tourney where they're giving away 10 seats to the WSOP.

The blind structure in those tourneys is tough. You start with T1000 and it starts at T10/T20 blinds, and increases every 10 minutes.

Through about the first hour, the best hands I caught were KQo, 45s, and ATs, none of which hit. Finally I was down to about T300 with the blinds at 100/200. I was UTG and caught TT, and went all-in. They held up against an A3o and an A9s (in the BB), and I had a little life left. I immediately had to go through the blinds, and had about T500 when I caught JTs in middle position. I thought for a bit, and went all-in. Everybody folded to the BB, who called the additional T300 with 53o. A 3 came on the flop, and it was game over.

I was never really in the tourney as far as contending for any kind of prize (there were still 500 players when I got bumped), but WHY did I have to run into the table policeman in the BB? He had about 3000 in chips, and while I realize it's sometimes worthwhile to call simply because you've got a big stack, I know I wouldn't have called for 10% of my stack with that hand.

Oh well, onward and upward...

Eric