PDA

View Full Version : Gloat

mrbaseball
12-14-2003, 06:47 PM
I finally won my first Stars multi-table tourny!

It was only a 10 dollar job but there were over 600 entries so it paid a little better than 1500. After about 7 or 8 final tables and one super satalite win it really feels good to finally be last man standing.

I had pretty much sworn these things off since I can make a better return in ring games but I really find tournaments a lot of fun.

Anyway I've learned a lot about no limit tourneys from this forum. I'm glad I could finally realize the goal of coming out on top of one of these big fields. No doubt I was lucky. I won most of my races and caught a couple of pretty rivers with the last 2 players. But I had accumulated a very big stack and was a good sized chip leader from the last 100 to the last 15 where things sorta equalized. A huge stack is really fun to play with and even in my other final table appearances I never really experienced it much as I was typically bleeding or short by the time I got there.

Thanks for all the useful discussion here!

GrinningBuddha
12-14-2003, 07:09 PM
Way to go baseball! I'm jealous. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Hotrod0823
12-14-2003, 11:02 PM
Congrats! I haven't won yet but was pretty happy with a second place finish a month or so back on UB. Payed out 850 or so. /images/graemlins/laugh.gif