PDA

View Full Version : bad fold on the turn?

DaveB
12-14-2003, 06:18 PM
Here's another hand from Party 5/10 6 max. What do you think of this fold? I have 9 /images/graemlins/heart.gif 9 /images/graemlins/club.gif in the cutoff. EP limps, next player raises, I 3 bet, folded to EP who caps, all call (3 players).

Flop is 5 /images/graemlins/spade.gif 2 /images/graemlins/spade.gif T /images/graemlins/club.gif. Checked to me, I bet, both call. Turn is 4 /images/graemlins/spade.gif. Checked to me, I bet, EP calls, other guy raises, I fold...

River is 7 /images/graemlins/heart.gif and goes check, bet, fold.

Good/bad/somewhere in between?
dave

stripsqueez
12-14-2003, 07:14 PM
i played 2000 hands in this school over the weekend - its been about 6 months since i played at party - perhaps the most bizarre playing behaviour i have seen so far is limp/reraising before the flop - so far its been done with Q10o, K9o, 109s !!!

i think this is a marginal fold - obviously it depends a lot on what if anything you know about the other players - this pattern of betting is the way lots of these players play big pocket pairs, ie they would wait till the turn to raise - some of them are capable of raising the turn bet with AKo, AQo containing a big spade - hmmm, weird that the raiser checked the flop to you - a lot of the hands i'm worried about would of usually bet the flop when the EP checked - i would call him down - i would strongly consider a 3 bet - i dont think fold is awful

in summary - fold, call, or raise is the answer

hope that helps

stripsqueez - chickenhawk

DaveB
12-14-2003, 07:40 PM
thanks... I talked with a friend of mine who does very well in these and the 10/20 games here and he said pretty much the same thing. And personally I was thinking pretty much the same thing afterwards. I could see something like As Kx doing this, maybe... so yeah next time I'll probably call down but overall I think the +/-EV is small either way.