PDA

View Full Version : ATTN: Gaming Club Guy

Jackal22
12-14-2003, 03:54 PM
Can you please do something about the lag during freerolls?

GrinningBuddha
12-14-2003, 04:55 PM
The upgrade/maintenance last week was supposed to help, but there's still significant lag for the first hour and a half after the 1200 man freeroll gets going. :P

Jackal22
12-14-2003, 10:39 PM
OK, now there is no freeroll going on and it is still lagged really bad.

GrinningBuddha
12-14-2003, 10:40 PM
919 entrants in the WSOP tourney, trust me, there's a reason.

Jackal22
12-14-2003, 10:45 PM
There is a reason, but does that mean that it can't be fixed? TGC has to be losing money because of the lag problem.

1. Players get pissed off and play elsewhere.
2. Less hands per hour = less rake.

gabyyyyy
12-14-2003, 10:47 PM
About 3 weeks ago when I was having that oic whining session, I got into a dialogue with one of the managers at TGC/Prima.

I told him, why do you think party has 20000+ players and you guys can barely hit 1000 real money players at your peak times. He just said, that the site was new. I really do not think they have a clue over there.

Stew
12-15-2003, 12:21 AM
[ QUOTE ]
About 3 weeks ago when I was having that oic whining session, I got into a dialogue with one of the managers at TGC/Prima.

I told him, why do you think party has 20000+ players and you guys can barely hit 1000 real money players at your peak times. He just said, that the site was new. I really do not think they have a clue over there.

[/ QUOTE ]

and you don't think that's a legit reason? God, do you use that thing b/w your ears, not your mouth either b/c you have that running non-stop bitch session mode.

JTG51
12-15-2003, 12:24 AM
About 3 weeks ago when I was having that oic whining session...

Wait, are you saying you stopped whining at some point?

dako
12-15-2003, 12:25 AM
Stew,

The site is almost a year old, I believe.

During the first year Party had more then 1000 players at peak time, and online poker wasn't as hot as it is now.

I agree with gabbyyy (more many reasons) that prima doesn't have a clue.

daveymck
12-15-2003, 09:21 AM
Whilst I think gabbyyyy is whinging on constantly at tgc/prima mainly cos she didnt get her $50 bonus on the oic, in this case its a valid point.

I dont know how long prima has been around but it is a site that is actively trying to grow its userbase and in that respect seems to be doing a good job, they have put a lot of money into these marketing activities but the fact of the matter is that they do not have the capacity to cope with the players they currently have never mind growing the userbase.

In this competitive market (I have accounts at 3 other sites) why should users stick around on a laggy site while they could be playing on sites that have many more players and no lagging issues.

Yep its an up and coming site I think people can handle small bugs and incomplete functionality but people will not tolerate hardware/capacity issues and will go elsewhere.

A rapid increase in server capacity/bandwidth or whatever the issue is, is needed or the hard work they are doing will go to waste.

Gaming Club
12-15-2003, 07:38 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Can you please do something about the lag during freerolls?

[/ QUOTE ]

The software / hardware upgrade that happened last week was a short-term patch while longer-term measures are being worked on. It was expected that it would give around 30% more capacity when it was designed, but by the time it was put into place growth in the network ate up just about all of that. We're told that even more memory, etc is being installed very soon, and there's also a possibility that one of the more substantial software revisions previously intended for next year will be brought forward to this (altho this is still somewhat speculative). Apologies in the meantime for the irritation.

SExyBeast
12-15-2003, 09:55 PM
about 18 months ago party had terrible problems when they went to run 1000+ tournaments .... tgc / prima are doing fine if you dont like it dont use it

jeez u and ur moans about tgc ..lol that dog aint barkin no more gabbs just cut it the phuck loose /images/graemlins/grin.gif