PDA

View Full Version : nfl funky weather??

scalf
12-14-2003, 10:52 AM
/images/graemlins/smile.giflooks like snow/winds for nyjetsters and patsies home games; hear it snowed lightly in cinti last night....but hear reeeel pisser is heavy monsoon rain to hit bay area (aka oakland
0..just about 700est...

any personal obs on weather..??

tia..

big plays on under in both jets and pats...

gl /images/graemlins/grin.gif /images/graemlins/diamond.gif

TAFKAn
12-14-2003, 01:44 PM
Take the Oakland/Baltimore under 39. Should be good.

scalf
12-14-2003, 01:56 PM
/images/graemlins/blush.gifthanks doggy nate nate...win/lose wtf..

hear it's gonna be a lake on the bay..lol..gl..ravens d should be enuf anyhoo..

gl
/images/graemlins/smile.gif /images/graemlins/tongue.gif /images/graemlins/club.gif

scalf
12-14-2003, 08:32 PM
/images/graemlins/smile.gif /images/graemlins/diamond.gif..weather looked ok to me...lol...still cashed gr8 under..

fgl /images/graemlins/grin.gif /images/graemlins/club.gif

mikelow
12-14-2003, 09:10 PM
Bay Area was between storms. It rained here in Southern California. I don't look for the weather that much except for wind.

Wildbill
12-14-2003, 10:36 PM
I admit I got lucky with this one. I wasn't expecting the Raiders to score more than 10 points and with a 39 total I figured go under hoping the Ravens don't get the rest. Then again they got a 1 yard TD drive to open the scoring and an FG off a long kickoff return. So if I look at it that way it really was an under game. I didn't pay attention to the weather much, the Raiders don't pass the ball much usually and as long as the storm wasn't going on during the game, which I know it wouldn't be, then it would be a big factor.

I played the Cincy game over without realizing the snow, but I never get too fired up about warm snow storms. For those that live in warmer climates you might not realize, but falling snow is about 10 times better if you are doing anything than falling rain. If it is really cold and snowing, that sucks, if it is around 30 degrees as it was in Cincy then it makes little difference provided it isn't blizzard conditions. Since the weather forecast didn't say that, I felt safe making the play. The only time snow makes the play bad is if the visibility is so poor you can't throw downfield. Watching the game on TV today it clearly wasn't that big a problem.

Sorry couldn't get to the computer to post my plays today, went 2-1-1. Cincy over and Oakland under came in, Broncos under tied, Panthers didn't cover. I keep grinding out winning Sundays /images/graemlins/grin.gif

mikelow
12-14-2003, 11:00 PM
Very good points.

I went 2-2-1 today:

Won with the Bears +3 (Randy Moss lets the ball get stolen from him in the end zone--is he taking plays off again?), and the Cardinals (yucky pick).

Pushed with the Bengals (their defense still sucks).

Lost both totals. Bills/Titans under (Volek starts but the streak of 11 straight Bills' unders ends) and Falcons/Colts over (scoreless fourth quarter and Vick was stopped cold).