PDA

View Full Version : Don't F#$% with the USA!!!!!! Saddam captured!

Al_Capone_Junior
12-14-2003, 10:46 AM
One mega-psycho down. Now if they could just get bin laden and the rest of the psycho-cronies.

al

clovenhoof
12-14-2003, 05:16 PM
He didn't f#$% with the USA. He f#$%ed with his own people, with Kuwait, and with Iran.

Still glad he's caught, though.

'hoof

deathtoau
12-14-2003, 06:01 PM
[ QUOTE ]
He didn't f#$% with the USA.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes he did. He and his intellegence people plotted to assasinate Former President Bush and there is new data that Iraq might have been involved in the September 11 attacks.

Saddam/Osama Connection (http://www.cbn.com/CBNNews/News/031209a.asp)

I am not sold on this source, but Undersecretary of Defense Douglas Feith for the Senate Intelligence Committee sound pretty legitimate.

sam h
12-14-2003, 07:45 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I am not sold on this source, but Undersecretary of Defense Douglas Feith for the Senate Intelligence Committee sound pretty legitimate.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, Feith must have sounded pretty "legitimate" too last year when he was swearing by the evidence linking Iraq to purchasing Uranium in Niger. That claim turned out to be based on a crudely formed document that everybody in intelligence said was obviously fake.

Basically, intelligence is such that you can always find some "evidence" to support a claim. That's why we have experts - to sort through all the crap and figure out what's really trustworthy and salient. But Feith and the Pentagon have consistently ignored the CIA's opinion whenever it contradicts their aims or at times simply demanded that raw intelligence be given directly to them and cut the CIA analysts out of the loop completely. Which is just sooooo stupid, not to mention duplicitous.

The people in the State Deparment in this administration might be generally trustworthy, but the Pentagon circle has forfeited the benefit of the doubt that Americans should usually offer them.

That all said, the capture of Saddam is of course great news.

clovenhoof
12-14-2003, 08:56 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Yes he did. He and his intellegence people plotted to assasinate Former President Bush and there is new data that Iraq might have been involved in the September 11 attacks.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I read the link you gave. It's a little like saying that 7-11 was in on the plot to kill Kennedy because Oswald bought a slurpee on his way to the book depository.

(Actually, I think he got a Coke out of the machine in the depository's lunch room. Hmmmmm.....)

As for the plot to kill Shrub Sr., I have little doubt that that's the real reason Shrub Jr. invaded, but it certainly isn't the official reason, and I don't think it quite qualifies as "f#$%ing with the US". A little dirty talk maybe, or even possibly some light foreplay, but no more than that.

'hoof

nicky g
12-15-2003, 08:51 AM
"Yes he did. He and his intellegence people plotted to assasinate Former President Bush"

Evidence for this is pretty scant.

superleeds
12-15-2003, 12:55 PM
[ QUOTE ]
He and his intellegence people plotted to assasinate

[/ QUOTE ]

Something the US govt and its agencies could never be accused of.

daryn
12-15-2003, 01:09 PM
is this european sarcasm i detect? it's the worst /images/graemlins/frown.gif

superleeds
12-15-2003, 01:21 PM
You are correct. Sarcasm being the lowest form of comedy, I apologize. I should edit my post to delete the word 'never'. /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

daryn
12-15-2003, 01:24 PM
yes.

andyfox
12-15-2003, 02:21 PM

Gamblor
12-15-2003, 02:29 PM
nicky, don't bother.

If these people want to argue with people who follow this stuff they'll come to the Other Topics Forum

MtSmalls
12-15-2003, 02:49 PM
Not only should you not be sold on this source, but the Defense Department flatly stated later the same day that this 'leaked' memo by Feith was completely erroneous and had NO basis in fact.

I'm glad that he surrendered like a little girl and they will put on some show of trying and then either executing or putting him away for life (next door to Noriega??). Good for the Iraqi people, irrelevant to the USA...

Jedster
12-15-2003, 03:21 PM
a) I can't believe this is a discussion point on 2+2...it has no place on this board

b) That said, let me present my $0.02 to 2+2 on this Feith memo nonsense

c) Deathtoau, you should get Feith's title correct before deciding it sounds legitimate (Feith does not work for the Senate Intelligence Committee...he's an Undersec'y at DoD)

d) If anyone wants to read more information about the Feith memo and why it is probably B.S., check out this Newsweek article from mid-November: http://msnbc.msn.com/Default.aspx?id=3540586&p1=0

e) Does anybody know how many people entered the $10k main event at Bellagio today?

Jedster
12-16-2003, 12:47 AM
FYI, looks like 314 entries according to a post on rgp

deathtoau
12-16-2003, 02:27 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Undersecretary of Defense Douglas Feith for the Senate Intelligence Committee

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
c) Deathtoau, you should get Feith's title correct before deciding it sounds legitimate (Feith does not work for the Senate Intelligence Committee...he's an Undersec'y at DoD)

[/ QUOTE ]

What is wrong with my title? I said he was an Undersecretary of Defense. I am not seeing a difference.

Jedster
12-17-2003, 04:03 AM
He is Under Sec'y of Defense. You added for the Senate Intelligence Committee. He prepared the memo for Senate Intel. He doesn't work for them.

warlockjd
12-17-2003, 03:23 PM
Osama Bin Laden is the guy who farked with the USA.

Saddam is the whipping boy, who although evil, is taking blame for things he had no hand in.

Al_Capone_Junior
12-17-2003, 04:14 PM
You may be right about that. I would much rather see bin-F#$%head captured. Still, saddam's ugly butt got (will get) what he deserves. This BS about sitting around letting psycho dictators do what they like is just that, BS. Whether the UN or the world likes it, I am quite happy he's gone. It's a shame Americans and iraqis had to die over it tho. Why cant the psychos just use their cyanide capsules on themselves already and rid the world of their DNA.

al