PDA

View Full Version : Saddam Hussein captured (Register to vote!)

Cyrus
12-14-2003, 08:48 AM
Great day for Iraq.

The fact that he has been captured alive is a tremendous achievement. That he chose to surrender rather than "die fighting" is not surprising since he was hiding in that hellhole for quite some time time and he must've been physically exhausted.

Now, about that little poll, whereby the vast majority of posters here answered that it would be better for the United States if Saddam Hussein were to be captured dead rather than alive. Any second thoughts ?

/images/graemlins/grin.gif
Got him! (http://www.cnn.com/2003/WORLD/meast/12/14/sprj.irq.main/index.html)

daryn
12-14-2003, 12:26 PM
hmm.. i didn't participate in any poll.. but to all you people who thought it would be better if he were captured dead... why??

ArchAngel71857
12-14-2003, 12:27 PM
A great day for the Iraqi people. Great for U.S. forces who captured him.

This is a great opportunity for him to stand trial.

-AA

Losing all
12-14-2003, 12:43 PM
It would have been nice to see a picture of him like his sweet sons, good n dead, but I'm very happy none the less. Swift and severe justice is in order. Maybe 5 minutes alone with Mr. T?

btw- Nice beard, savage

daryn
12-14-2003, 01:13 PM
somewhere in iraq there's a very rich man from the reward i would think. maybe fox will have a new reality show where the iraqi who got the reward goes from "rags to riches" and they follow him around his new beverly hills home

Gamblor
12-14-2003, 01:15 PM
Anna Nicole Smith is hearing wedding bells. If she can stand the smell of formaldehyde for $, she can certainly stand the smell of camel dung.

Gamblor
12-14-2003, 01:19 PM
Did not hear about the poll, but having him captured alive is unquestionably better for all parties concerned. Except perhaps, for the extremist Arabs and Saddam himself.

The extremists were almost salivating at the thought of a new martyr to attach their cause to.

Wake up CALL
12-14-2003, 01:21 PM
Howard Dean will need to get another question now instead of asking daily, "Where is Saddam Hussein?"

Poor democrats, better scramble for some new propaganda.

David Steele
12-14-2003, 01:40 PM
The live one W plays AXo and hits an A/images/graemlins/spade.gif on the river.
This place is rigged.

D.

ArchAngel71857
12-14-2003, 02:22 PM
I think Bush should follow McCains suggestion and split the 30 mill award between the troops in Bagdhad.

-AA

ACPlayer
12-14-2003, 03:57 PM
No worries. The moron will provide plenty.

Cyrus
12-14-2003, 04:37 PM
Yes, the folks polled here voted (by 16 to 9) that "IT WOULD BE BETTER FOR THE UNITED STATES IF SADDAM HUSSEIN WAS CAPTURED DEAD RATHER THAN ALIVE". Check out the relevant thread (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showthreaded.php?Cat=&Number=308386&page=&view=&sb =5&o=).

At the time, my take was, since this forum is populated by lots of "super-patriots" and Saddam's sons had just been killed by American forces, that people here did not want to support a line that would somehow "disagree" with the course of action followed by the American military. Another poll (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showthreaded.php?Cat=&Number=302142&page=&view=&sb =5&o=) I put up seemed to confirm that often-encountered, after-the-fact bias. (A higher percentage wanted to see his sons dead than Saddam himself!) I sincerely hope that today's sensational TV images were educational too.

Schneids
12-14-2003, 05:16 PM
Before Saddam gets executed or thrown in prison for life, I propose that he gets carted around the world, and people may pay $2 per egg or tomato, to throw at him.

All proceeds go towards the Iraqi people.

Wake up CALL
12-14-2003, 05:47 PM
[ QUOTE ]
No worries. The moron will provide plenty.

[/ QUOTE ]

I did not know that Dean quoted Cyrus as well. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

ACPlayer
12-14-2003, 06:48 PM
I can tell that the lenses over your eyes are still clouded and muddy.

Wake up CALL
12-14-2003, 09:23 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I can tell that the lenses over your eyes are still clouded and muddy.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yep but highly preferable to your rose colored lenses.

Drunk Bob
12-15-2003, 12:50 AM
The US military is alittle more than Ax .More like (AA)A with the case A coming on 4th.

andyfox
12-15-2003, 12:52 AM
He's going to have the center square, the old Paul Linde spot.

I can hear it now:

"I"ll take Saddam to block."

elwoodblues
12-15-2003, 11:26 AM
Where should Saddam stand trial (e.g. under whose jurisdiction)?

Iraqi jurisdiction --- government is in shambles right now, probably not the best place to have the trial...though Iraq has the greatest reason to hold the trial.

US --- for violation of what?

Hague/International --- a decent candidate, though this would put us in the awkward position of having told the UN to piss off and then turning him over to the "world court."

My opinion is that an Iraqi trial would probably be best, but with the position their government is in right now, I don't know how that could happen.

Any opinions?

~elwood

andyfox
12-15-2003, 02:22 PM
I still like my Hollywood Square idea better, but yours it pretty good too.

Michael Davis
12-15-2003, 03:48 PM
Since the world is again made safe for democracy, I left my car doors unlocked with the keys in the ignition.

I'm sure my fellow man who borrowed it will be returning it soon so I can go do my laundry.

All is well!

-Mike