PDA

View Full Version : A-Ts from MP, pre-flop question

rayrns
12-14-2003, 08:19 AM
I haven't been with Party long and haven't been at this table long. No reads on the players.

Party Poker 1/2 (10 handed)
Hero has T/images/graemlins/heart.gif, A/images/graemlins/heart.gif and is MP1

UTG raises, Hero calls, MP2 calls, SB calls, BB calls
I am questioning my calling here with no callers between myself and the raiser. Is this a fold/raise situation?

Flop(10 SB): A/images/graemlins/spade.gif, J/images/graemlins/club.gif, A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif

SB folds, BB checks, UTG bets, Hero calls, MP2 folds, BB folds
I didn't raise here as I was hoping to keep MP and/or BB in. Then will raise the turn.

Turn(6 BB): 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif

UTG bets, Hero raises, UTG calls

River(10 BB): K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif

UTG bets, Hero raises, UTG 3-bets(all-in), Hero calls
When I lose with sets/trips I lose a lot. Would anyone just call when UTG bets on the river?

Comments on all streets appreciated, but really wondering about the pre-flop call.

GuyOnTilt
12-14-2003, 08:24 AM
UTG raises, Hero calls...I am questioning my calling here with no callers between myself and the raiser. Is this a fold/raise situation?

No. This is a fold situation. You're going to be extremely dominated here almost all the time. What hands do typical players open-raise with from EP? AK, AQ, AJ and pocket pairs T's and up. You don't want to be in a pot against any of those hands with ATs. This should be a very easy muck in the future.

GoT

rayrns
12-14-2003, 09:03 AM
Thanks. I sort of thought that folding would be the answer I would receive. It was only because of it being suited that I was unsure and chose the incorrect play.

chesspain
12-14-2003, 09:52 AM
I agree fully with this. Whereas a cold call might be O.K. from LP or later if you've already had a number of coldcallers in front of you, the risk in this situation that you could end up shorthanded or HU against the openraiser make mucking a fairly easy decision.

bunky9590
12-14-2003, 10:39 AM
Save yourself some hair, and pepto bismol in the future and turbo muck the ATs to and UTG raise in ANY game.

BaronVonCP
12-14-2003, 03:19 PM
Yeah I won't comment on the preflop play.

But the river raise was almost as equally incorrect. You have told him that you have an Ace on the turn, and he is not concerned. You lost to KK, or perhaps an AK that played semi passively before the river.

However you never really know with the nearing all-in players.

Just muck preflop and everything will be fine.