PDA

View Full Version : How to beat tight-weak?

03-24-2002, 11:11 PM
How do you beat tight-weak rocks? I find that if I play tight-aggressive, I may get them to fold some pots, but I lose big whenever I get my raises called to the river because even though I have a hand, the rock wouldn't call unless he has close to the nuts.

03-24-2002, 11:41 PM
You win almost all your money from this person by stealing on the flop, and stealing their blinds. If you get called on the flop, you need a very big hand to continue. Don't semi-bluff raise because if they come out betting, they have a real hand they won't let go of.

natedogg

03-25-2002, 12:32 AM
You can't really trap these guys for big. I've played against a lot of these type of old farts and it's like natedogg said, you can steal the blinds and steal a smaller pot on the flop from them.

03-25-2002, 11:07 PM
Unless you _know_ you have the nut hand, the easiest way to beat a rock is to not give them any action. jmo

03-27-2002, 10:33 AM
I agree with Nate and Mike. Best thing is a general policy of only playing against them up til the turn. If they still have cards after the flop, give it up.

My typical hand against guys like that goes like this. I raise or reraise before the flop and it's headup with me last. Then ...

1) They bet, I fold

2) They check, I bet, they fold

3) They check, I bet, they call. Turn comes, they check, I check. River comes, they check, I fold.

Okay, maybe it doesn't go quite like that. It just seems like it.

Tommy