PDA

View Full Version : Just Another Hand : JTo in the BB

GuyOnTilt
12-13-2003, 11:20 PM
In light of rharless' advice for me to start playing JTo in multiway pots, I decided to see a flop with it this time, and I thought I'd post it. I know she meant with position probably and not versus a PF raiser, but what the hell. This hand is pretty SOP, although I've been noticing that most posters would probably c/r the turn here (incorrectly, IMO), so here it is!

My first hand with JTo in a long time:

Playing 10/20 live, 9-handed. This table is loose with coldcalls, and there's a preflop raise more often than there isn't. I'm in the BB with J /images/graemlins/heart.gifT /images/graemlins/club.gif. UTG limps (loose preflop, sees the turn with any pair), MP1 limps (solid player postflop, but a little loose PF), MP2 limps (calls the flop with any backdoor draw or any pair), CO raises (very predictable, aggressive, but loose with calldowns), Button cold-calls (no read), SB calls (no read). I call as do the limpers. 7 to the flop for 14 SB's.

Flop comes: Q /images/graemlins/heart.gif9 /images/graemlins/club.gif8 /images/graemlins/club.gif

Oops. My bad. SB checks, I bet, UTG calls, all fold to the CO who raises, Button folds, SB folds. Not exactly what I was going for. I call, UTG calls. 3 to the turn for 10 BB's.

Turn comes: 5 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif[Q /images/graemlins/heart.gif9 /images/graemlins/club.gif8 /images/graemlins/club.gif]

I bet, UTG calls, CO raises, I 3-bet, UTG folds, CO calls. Headsup for 17 BB's.

River comes: Q /images/graemlins/spade.gif[5 /images/graemlins/diamond.gifQ /images/graemlins/heart.gif9 /images/graemlins/club.gif8 /images/graemlins/club.gif]

I bet, CO calls.

Hey, this JTo stuff is pretty easy! Thank rharless!

Any and all comments are appreciated.

GoT

crockpot
12-14-2003, 12:08 AM
looks fine to me. the only debateable play in my mind is the turn 3-bet, which you want to make if UTG has a strong made hand or a club draw, but not if he has a hand like Q3 or A9. i'd still raise almost every time though.

Schneids
12-14-2003, 12:40 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I've been noticing that most posters would probably c/r the turn here (incorrectly, IMO), so here it is!

[/ QUOTE ]

I also agree about betting the turn again since you describe the CO as aggressive. You got a lot more money into the pot this way, and still wound up heads up against him. Check/raise gets zero dollars out of the guy caught in the middle (unless he's going to call two cold, in which case, it's still favorable to bet out because in the situation of your 3-bet he'll still call two cold, and once again, you get one more bet out of him, vs c/r), and probably keeps you to only getting two bets out of the CO.

I would hope the turn bet out is a fairly obvious play against an overly aggressive LP.

Nice hand, well played.

ArchAngel71857
12-14-2003, 12:43 AM
either way you are getting UTG to fold for 2-bets cold. might as well 3-bet and win an extra bet of him and CO.

-AA

BigEndian
12-14-2003, 01:29 AM
although I've been noticing that most posters would probably c/r the turn here (incorrectly, IMO), so here it is!

I also like your play on the turn with an known aggressive player. Without that info though, I think it's pretty much a coin flip - CR or bet out. CR and you might get the middle player to bet his draw and the next player to raise to try to shut you out.

But choices are part of the fun.

- Jim