PDA

View Full Version : How to play this hand

SaintAces
12-13-2003, 02:24 PM
For the purrposes of the question, no flush draws apply

AA you are dealt, no limit.

huge raising preflop, two people are left including you.

flop is 2 3 8

AA makes a huge bet. Player calls and is all in.

What the heck do you do - 3/5 your chips are in the pot.

He has you covered.

Results are in invisitext <font color="white"> he turned over 2 3 os, how do I beat this?! Turn and river were of no help. </font>

Nottom
12-13-2003, 02:50 PM
I have no clue what is happening here. Do you have AA? If so you bet and got called, whats the decision?

Also its helpful to know how big the bets are and more information about what happened preflop.

SaintAces
12-13-2003, 04:35 PM
let me re-phrase

I am dealt A /images/graemlins/diamond.gif A /images/graemlins/heart.gif. This game is no limit.
a maniac raises me and I reraise, and he reraises, and I reraise, and he calls.

flop comes 2 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif 3 /images/graemlins/heart.gif 7 /images/graemlins/club.gif

I bet it on the flop and am put all in. (20$) to call.
there is 50 in the pot.

I call.

he turns over 2 3 offsuit and takes the hand.

now was there something I did wrong here? He bluffs 70% of the time and shows his bluffs too.

chesspain
12-13-2003, 04:45 PM
I think after the first reraise, but definately after the second reraise, you need to go all-in. Why wait for the flop when you have the very best hand? And if you aren't willing to go all-in PF, then why bother even playing NL?

In addition, please give dollar amounts for every bet in a NL game--not just "I bet, he raises, I reraise, etc."

Nottom
12-13-2003, 05:34 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I am dealt A A . This game is no limit.
a maniac raises me and I reraise, and he reraises, and I reraise, and he calls.

[/ QUOTE ]

Your second re-raise (if not the first) should have been all-in.

Once the flop comes you are pot committed and you have to call.

SpaceAce
12-13-2003, 11:17 PM
You shouldn't have goofed around with this guy. After he reraises, move in on him for everything. He CAN NOT be ahead of you at this point. What better time to put all your money in than when you know for absolute 100% fact that you are not behind?

SpaceAce

CrackerZack
12-14-2003, 10:51 PM
This guy will kill most of you week in and week out. Why? very very very very simple... you said in your post, you play about 9 hands, he plays over 200. You can't put him on a damn thing, ever. He ALWAYS knows where you are. You re-raise, he knows you have AA or KK, see the flop, knows he can beat 1 pair, puts you in. You're still trying to read his hand for no reason at all, and figure, I have AA, I have to call and are busted. No, you can't put him on 23o, you can't put him on anything, so don't try. React to his bets. Play back at him with much lesser hands so he doesn't know where you are all the time, it should shut him down a bit.

SaintAces
12-14-2003, 11:06 PM
its not like that... He called those bets that day. Normally I am so much looser, but I wanted to try and play tight... He called every time I had a hand.

Nottom
12-15-2003, 01:39 AM
although I don't think you ever really give enough information to know for sure, I think one of the problems you are having is that you aren't charging him enough to play when you have a hand. There seem to be a lot of relatively small bets going into the pot which gives him a chance to catch you cheaply.

This hand is a perfect example ... I can't think of a situation in a NL game where I would be involved preflop and it would contain 5 raises and yet neither player ended up all-in.